none
SCOM ACS Login Report - Filter By Group Membership?

Question

• I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, it seemed like the only one that makes sense.

I'm new to ACS Reporting and trying to create a report that shows me whenever a user of a particular AD group RDP's into servers to audit that particular group. I managed to create a report that displays ALL users who RDP onto servers, now I just need to filter it down to just members of the particular AD group. Is there a way to do this?

It's been a long long time but I used to do reports in Crystal and was able to join tables and filter out based on that, and I have done some MySQL work in the past.. so I know enough to be dangerous if I have a good article to follow. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been searching but can't find anything.

-Keith

-Keith Elkin

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi, when querying ACS DB you can see all users who RDP onto servers and of course you see their names and SIDs. So you can create auxiliary DB with additional information, fill in the table based on get-adgroupmember PS cmdlet as example.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617193.aspx

then filter accounts you need (that are in group required).

Thursday, January 09, 2014 3:08 PM
  • I think there is not any easier way to do that. The group member information is not included. So auxiliary DB is needed if you want to filter it down to just members of the particular AD group.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:02 PM

All replies