Would you answer me about Integration?

Question

• This product is released? or CTP yet?

And if it is not released yet, let me know expected date roughtly?

And it is free add-in type or costly product, too.

We have many issues with integration for our customer.

Have a nice day~~ 

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

We've released a CTP.  You can find out all about it here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2010/07/06/tfs-2010-support-for-project-server.aspx

And some helpful download tips here: blogs.msdn.com/.../getting-started-with-the-tfs-and-project-server-integration-ctp.aspx

We're hoping to release a Beta in the fall timeframe.

Can you tell us more about the many issues with the integration?

Thanks,

-Siddharth

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:47 PM
  • Hi~~~

Send the point briefly our case.
    1. Team managers publish WSB to EPM(MS Project Server 2010) and publish to TFS2010's WBS Work item.
       (We mapped EPM's taks GUID for update the EPM's taks by Work Item changed.)
    2. Team managers create Task work item as WBS work items's successor and assign it to developers.
    3. Whenever developers change the STATE of Task, alert is fired & parent WBS work item is updated with some field.
       (We adapt some rule related with STATE & custom percentage field, and calculate in TFS's subscription Web Service Web service.)
    4. TFS's subscription Web Service call the EPM's custom web service with GUID & progress percentage.
    5. EPM's web service update Task identified with GUID.

I am not yet experienced VPC. But I believe that it is possible to sync TFS with Project Server withdout development.

Have a good day~~

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:57 AM
  • I think you will find the CTP valuable. It does allow the WBS to be pushed down from the enterprise project plan to the Team Project.  The team in TFS can then provide updates on indiviual tasks.

John

Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:28 PM