none
EF Provider Implementation : Why data type Facet value are empty in DbQueryCommandTree itself, when testing Mapping Inheritance - Table-per-Type

Question

• Hi,

I am involved in Entity Framework Provider implementation for DB2. Please note, this question with respect to EF Provider implementation.

I am testing "Mapping Inheritance - Table-per-Type" scenario with our EF provider implementation with .Net 4.0.

I am following instructions given in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/cc716702%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

create table Person (
        id   serial       not null primary key,
        name varchar(200) not null
    );

create table Employee (
        id       int          not null primary key,
        address varchar(100) not null,
        photo    blob,
        foreign key (id) references Person(id)
    );

create table Customer (
        id     int          not null primary key,
        details varchar(100) not null,
        profile  clob,
        foreign key (id) references Person(id)
    );

The Person is mapped as abstract and Employee and Customer are derived.

In our provider we have couple of data types (blob, byte) mapped to .Net Binary type.
    We have specified Facet (MaxLength and FixedLength) for these so that we can identify "Native" sql type while SQL generation.

However testing "Mapping Inheritance - Table-per-Type" scenario, we get empty facet value(of MaxLength and FixedLength) while SQL generation.
    This leads us to a situation where we can not decide which native data type to use in SQL.

While debugging, I have confirmed that we are creating primitive data types with correct facet value that we want to. But I see facet value are empty in DbQueryCommandTree itself before SQL generation starts.

I am looking forward a solution for this problem quickly.

Thanks in advance,
    Arvind
    Friday, August 23, 2013 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello Arvind_Gupta,

Thank you for posting in MSDN Forum.

According to your description, this issue you submitted is that we’re doing research on it. It might take some time before we get back to you.

I will response you as soon as fast if we have a solution.

Thanks for your understanding.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 26, 2013 2:20 AM
  • Hi Fred,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Arvind

Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:18 PM