HTML in a Resource File?

Question

• First of all, I am a beginner with VB 2005 Express.

I want to create a stand-alone executable app with a webbrowser control that displays embedded (resource file?) html files.

In VB6 I can use the RC Wizard to create a resource file that contains my HTML files. I can then compile a stand-alone executable app that displays the HTML Files.

My questions is: With VB 2005 Express, how do I create a resource file that contains HTML files and then include it in the final .exe file ?

Perplexed,

Bennie

Monday, February 05, 2007 10:21 PM

Answers

• Bennie,

According to your create resource file question, I suggest you to take a look at the ResourceManager Class included in System.Resources namespace that provides convenient access to culture-specific resources at runtime.

However, when using this class and the related methods, please pay more attention to the caution: Using standalone .resources files in an ASP.NET application will break XCOPY deployment, because the resources remain locked until they are explicitly released by the ReleaseAllResources method. If you want to deploy resources into ASP.NET applications, you should compile your .resources into satellite assemblies.

Please take a look at the instructions for this class in msdn with the following link:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.resources.resourcemanager(VS.80).aspx

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:57 AM