none
FormField is empty on Note/Multiple Lines Text Field in a custom Edit Form

Question

• Hi

I have a custom Edit Form on a list. In the Content Type which is bound to the List and Form theres a Note field. My problem is that in the Edit Form the content of the field is not displayed. I didn't do any changes to the Edit Form yet, so it's as SPD created it.

The code for the field looks like this:

<td width="400px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody">
    	<SharePoint:FormField runat="server" id="ff6{$Pos}" ControlMode="Edit" FieldName="Andet" __designer:bind="{ddwrt:DataBind('u',concat('ff6',$Pos),'Value','ValueChanged','ID',ddwrt:EscapeDelims(string(@ID)),'@Andet')}"/>
    	<SharePoint:FieldDescription runat="server" id="ff6description{$Pos}" FieldName="Andet" ControlMode="Edit"/>
    </td>

The custom Disp Form is working fine with this code:

<td width="400px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody">
    	<xsl:value-of select="@Andet"/>
    </td>

Strange thing is that i'm able to update the field in the Edit Form but cannot see the actual content.

Any ideas?

• Edited by MortenG Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi MortenG,

There is no any problem in the code you provide base on my test.

Do you have multiple content types in this list with a column also named "Andet"?
    If so, please make sure you selected the right Andet field. You can check it by right clicking t
    he Form Field > Show Common FormField Tasks > in data field, find the right Andet field.

If the problem persists, could you please create a new list or could you please elaborate a bit more about the list structure like how you added the multiple link text field? Is it plain text, rich text or enhanced rich text?

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by MortenG Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:45 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi MortenG,

There is no any problem in the code you provide base on my test.

Do you have multiple content types in this list with a column also named "Andet"?
    If so, please make sure you selected the right Andet field. You can check it by right clicking t
    he Form Field > Show Common FormField Tasks > in data field, find the right Andet field.

If the problem persists, could you please create a new list or could you please elaborate a bit more about the list structure like how you added the multiple link text field? Is it plain text, rich text or enhanced rich text?

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by MortenG Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:45 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi Emir

I recreated the list and added the exact same form code - and now it works, i guess it's just a usual SharePoint thing, right? ;)

BR

MortenG

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:50 AM