none
Un-install an application on WinCE Mobile

Question

• Hi,

On WinCE/Mobile, when a user un-install an application, how to let the OS/system knows that if an application is running, it should not try to un-install it, instead poping up a box saying "Pls stop the application ...". Currently my mobile just un-install the application which is not correct.

Thanks.
    cheng
    Friday, March 27, 2009 1:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can add a custom install action to your cab to detect whether or not the application is running.  It is possible to prompt the user from this action (though I believe that is against the "Made for Windows Mobile" guidelines).

See this for more details. 

http://j2i.net/blogs/home/archive/2009/01/25/custom-actions-in-a-cab-installation.aspx
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    • Marked as answer by Cheng Ming Monday, March 30, 2009 7:08 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Thanks for you reply. I think I should have known how to proceed from here.

Warm Regards.
    cheng
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hi Joel and All,

Now I can detect whether a program is running or not when a user wants to remove the program. However ......

When I select an application from "Remove Programs", the system will prompt saying "The selected program will be permanently removed. You may reload it from your desktop computer. Are you sure you want to remove it?". If user click yes, my DLL will prompt saying "The application is still running, please shutdown it ...". So far so good. After user clicks my DLL popup window's OK button, "Remove Programs" popup window still there and if user also click "Yes" again, the system will still remove the entry although my DLL stops it to actually remove the application. How to keep the enrtry within "Remove Programs" window?

Actually my DLL's

codeUNINSTALL_INIT
    Uninstall_Init(
        HWND        hwndParent,
        LPCTSTR     pszInstallDir)

already returns codeUNINSTALL_INIT_CANCEL.

Thanks.
    cheng
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Hello,

I am trying to get user inputs while installing. Can you please provide me with some pointers as to how you achieved it.

Thanks

Apurva
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:33 PM