none
Could not load type 'namespace.pagename' error when using VB.Net

Question

• When I tell my project to run, i get a list of errors- one for almost each page "Could not load type 'namespace.pagename' " After doing some research, I know it's got something to do with the assemblies loading, and I have double checked that all the properties in the <%@ Page.... match the location and the name of the code behind files but the knowledgebase article that covers this, only provides a resolution for this error when you are coding in C+.... I've compared the error pages to the ones that do not have an error, and the <% @ Page... declarations all look the same to me. Does anyone else know what it might be?

Thx ~ Jg

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:14 PM

Answers

•  

Even though the web page looks similar with each other, their underlying .CS file may have different content.

The error occurs if CLR failed to find the assembly that contains the type you're loading, for this kind of error, you may use fuslogvw.exe to get more detail information,  you may have a try and paste fuslogvw log here.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Friday, August 13, 2010 10:12 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:57 AM