Visual C# registration

Question

• Since installing Visual C# Express, I have registered it three times, and again today up popped a dialog box informing me that I had to register the product within 27 days (it's always 27 days) to keep it running. I have sent emails everywhere I can think of, but all I get back are those inane emails telling me who the person is, how grateful Microsoft is that I took the time to communicate with them, how sorry they are that I'm having problems and they hope I get it resolved soon. And perhaps I should contact someone in Support ... (which is what I thought I was doing.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solution?

Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Jimmy

Choose the Product Registration menu option from the help menu inside Express Edition application you want to register, you are allowed to register one edition multiple times.

Have you installed SP since receiving the registration key?  If so you need to reregister your product.  Please try going to Help->Register Product and retrying the registration.  This should solve your issue.

Otherwise, this link is helpful for registeration: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/register/faq/

If the problem persists, please post the issue back here.

Thanks

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:36 AM

All replies

• I have had the best success by registering through the Register Product menu item under Help.  It will produce a code that you paste into the register form.  You can verify that your software is registered by trying that menu item again.  It should respond that the product is already registered.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:06 PM
  • That's what I've done, now 4 times. And, like you say, if I go to the help menu it will say it's registered. But then, two, three weeks from now, when I first start the program, up will pop this dialog box saying I need to register, at least that is what has happened before. It's not that big a problem,. really I just click the link, get another key, and paste it in; but, it is annoying. Plus I have this devil on my shoulder telling me "One of these days it's not going to start, because 'You haven't registered!'."

And I've registered 'Orcas' twice, same thing, but I haven't really done much with it and won't be that put out if it quits working.

There's a bug at work somewhere in my copy of Express, that causes it to forget it's registered. Also, on the other end, I realize the registration is just pro-forma to get your name on a list and sign you up for Flash and what not, but it just keeps handing out keys.

If I ignore it next time, will Express stop working, do you know?

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:24 PM
  • Hi Jimmy

Choose the Product Registration menu option from the help menu inside Express Edition application you want to register, you are allowed to register one edition multiple times.

Have you installed SP since receiving the registration key?  If so you need to reregister your product.  Please try going to Help->Register Product and retrying the registration.  This should solve your issue.

Otherwise, this link is helpful for registeration: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/register/faq/

If the problem persists, please post the issue back here.

Thanks

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:36 AM
  • I'm having a similar problem, though not exactly the same thing.  When I select Help -> Register Product I'm always taken back to the registration web site.  I never get a dialog where I can enter in the registration key I've been issued.  How do I enter this key and get Visual C# 2008 to stop nagging me to register?

Thanks!
    Friday, September 05, 2008 2:03 AM
  • hi

i need help. have tried 100 times to register c# but to no avail. can comebody help me.

i have only seven days left to use the downloaded software.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:24 AM
  • Express edition is free for use and won't expire, register the product just enable you to use some benefits.

If you're using trial version, one need to get a valid product key to continue using the product.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:36 AM
  • hi

i have tried registering the product several times and it wouldn't take me to any site.

all i see is going circles for 10hrs the max i have left it on. do you think deleting everything and reinstalling will solve the problem?

thank you.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:01 AM
  • hi

i need a simple code to draw a house in c#. i need help.

thank you.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:05 AM