none
this workflow job was canceled because the workflow that started it included an infinite loop crm 2011

Question

• Hi all,

When i try to open an opportunity am getting the following Error. Please guide me as soon as possible.

• Edited by JERRY_TP Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:18 AM
    Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks likely that you have a plugin or workflow that is triggering itself repeatedly. Check plugins and workflows for Opportunity to make sure there is nothing that could be causing this infinite loop.

Paul

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

The workflow should have triggered itselves or the condition you have specified inside the workflows may be incorrect. Try checking the Workflow logic and execute again.

Naren

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

You can avoid this situation by adding a custom attribute "ExecutionFlag" to Opportunity entity and make it hidden. Check the flag in workflow if already executed, exit the workflow.

Rikin

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:39 AM
  • @RikinS

That approach is valid if the workflow would only ever be run once in the lifetime of the record.

Often it may need to run more than once over time, but a date/time field can sometimes be used to ignore multiple updates within a short timeframe eg if "last modified by this workflow" date is less than two minutes ago ignore and do nothing. At the end of the workflow update that date/time to show when it last ran (there are more complex issues to address for workflows which take a long time to run, or if you know it may get several updates in quick succession and want the last to be used, but you get the gist).

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:27 PM
  • I believe this has been answered in your other post here:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/bf06506a-9efe-48cb-8246-af7c050615ff

which has a different title but appears to be dealing with the same issue of a badly-designed self-triggering workflow.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:28 PM