none
Faded Display in graphics window

Question

• Here's the code and right below I show the image that I captured off of my screen.  A littlet over 1/2 way through the image you can see that the text fades out.  You have to look closely at the text, but you can see that it gets lighter.  It is sort of  like fontbold was turned off, but it wasn't.  Anyone have any idea why this would do this?  I have a regular program that originally did this and from that I whittled it down to this test code.  Problem is I don't have a clue as to why.  I'm running on windows 8 and maybe it's a bug in it. Or maybe an SB issue.   I am curious if anyone else can run this and if it displays correctly on their system.

Thanks,

GraphicsWindow.width=desktop.Width
    GraphicsWindow.height=desktop.Height
    GraphicsWindow.top=0
    GraphicsWindow.left=0
    GraphicsWindow.brushcolor="Black"
    For x= 1 To 21
      For y = 1 To 9
        GraphicsWindow.DrawText(80*y,30*x,"This is a line")
      EndFor
    EndFor

JR

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Works fine for me:

It must be your screen resolution. turn it up or try this:

GraphicsWindow.width=desktop.Width
    GraphicsWindow.height=desktop.Height
    GraphicsWindow.top=0
    GraphicsWindow.left=0
    GraphicsWindow.brushcolor="Black"
    GraphicsWindow.FontSize = 20
    For x= 1 To 21
      For y = 1 To 5
        GraphicsWindow.DrawText(150*y,30*x,"This is a line")
      EndFor
    EndFor

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:29 AM
  • Windows 7 works fine.

Windows 8 don't works fine. Small Basic works by Windows 8 not so fast.

Best Regards Martin

Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:37 AM
  • That's interesting. I wonder if a Program.Delay would help.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 12:15 AM
  • Jibba Jabba,

I did try a program delay and had it occurring after printing "This is a line" and watched.  What is interesting when it starts at the top the lines have the same intensity as the lines at the bottom.  When it gets down to the place where you see the change all of the lines above immediately go darker and the new lines continue with the low intensity.  I did take this program and put it on another laptop with windows 8 and it worked OK. So, it would seem like it has something to do with my laptop, but what it could be I have no idea.  Doesn't occur when I use a textwindow.  So, I'll probably resort to that unless someone has some other ideas to try.

Thanks for the suggestions.

JR

Friday, June 28, 2013 1:58 AM
  • May be x and y are opposite in GraphicsWindow.DrawText().

Nonki Takahashi

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:20 AM