none
Deploying Farm from the Dev envoirment to the Production envoirment

Question

• hello experts

I need to deploy Fram from a Dev envoirnment to a Production envoirnment. Exactly same IIS, SQL, Index servers.

What's the best course of action?

Thank you!

• Edited by Asif48 Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:11 PM spell
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:10 PM

Answers

• if you saying the Deployment / moving the solution /content from Dev to Production...then

for the content:

1) Build your farm same build level as your Dev farm.

2) Configure the Services Applications

3) create a new Web App

4) deploy the custom solution to production

5) move the database to production and attach to web app

Once you have your production farm ready then you only need to move the content databases or deploying the solutions.

other way is using the 3rd party tool.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:07 AM

All replies

• What is the end product?  Do you just need to move some content or a customisation from the development environment?  The nature of your actual migration task will help to determine the best approach.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Saturday, March 08, 2014 11:29 PM
  • if you saying the Deployment / moving the solution /content from Dev to Production...then

for the content:

3) create a new Web App

Once you have your production farm ready then you only need to move the content databases or deploying the solutions.

other way is using the 3rd party tool.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:07 AM
  • I just need to deploy all of my work to the client (thats y i used word "Farm") because client going to use SharPoint for the very first time...what i want is there any way that i can take the back up of my farm and just restore it to the client.
    Monday, March 10, 2014 5:35 PM
  • what you want to deploy to client?

webpart, custom master page, a solution, site collection?

Monday, March 10, 2014 5:52 PM
  • it contains WebParts, solution, site collection...

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:30 PM
  • in this case your client and your farm should have the same version of SharePoint.

You need to backup your sql Content DB, Solutions at your dev farm.

then on the client location.

Deploy the solutions

restore the content DB and mount to the desired web application.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 3:10 AM
  • i have succeeded in restoring the web application by following the steps you provided...

the web application has been restored but it gives some error on the "Global Navigation" area that "Error Loading Navigation: TermStore not found Correlation ID: 34bc7c9c-f4c5-b037-376d-c91a036ad82c"...

the restored site collection does not have any contents in it, Web parts are placed but conatining errors "Internet Explorer can nit display the web page..."

any suggestion?

Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:58 PM
  • are you using the term store driven global navigation?

try IIs reset in farm.

check the below blogs for fix.

Issues With SharePoint 2013 Term Store Driven Navigation

SharePoint 2013 Errors : Error in Managed Navigation

Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:39 AM
  • i have read the blogs and reset the iis but problem still persist. i have looked the "Managed Metadata Service" on server, it was started and working fine and finally i looked in the Navigation from site setting and the option was properly set.

the problem still irritating me!

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:45 PM
  • what method you are using to moving the content from DEV to Prod?

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:50 PM
  • Exactly the same you had told in your previous clue. i.e.

3) create a new Web App

• Edited by Asif48 Monday, March 17, 2014 6:51 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:50 PM