none
delete the old rows from Foxpro but How?

Question

• Dear Helpdesk, I have foxpro file which I have unwanted row in it, how do i delete these and I need to know do i filter them before delete................ Please help on my above query. Ikrams
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:49 PM

Answers

• Open the foxpro table and display it in BROWSE window. Press CTRL+T and the record will be marked for deletion.

If you would like to physically remove the row from the table then issue PACK command in Command window. PACK requires exclusive file opening.

If yoy would like to delete certain range of records or records specified by some condition then you may select "Delete records..." option in Table menu (appears together with BROWSE window).

The PACK command also has equivalent in Table menu: "Remove Deleted records...".

When record is marked for deletion then you may unmark it by pressing CTRL+T or select the "Recall Records..." Table menu option.

• Marked as answer by Martin_Xie Friday, June 18, 2010 8:50 AM
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:56 AM

All replies

• Dear Helpdesk, I have foxpro file which I have unwanted row in it, how do i delete these and I need to know do i filter them before delete................ Please help on my above query. Ikrams

request for menu path to understand easily ......................apprecaited earleist response.
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:54 PM
  • If the "file" is a table you may need to go to row for delete and then use command DELETE but first see HELP for DELETE and be sure you located correct the row to delete...
    dni
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Open the foxpro table and display it in BROWSE window. Press CTRL+T and the record will be marked for deletion.

If you would like to physically remove the row from the table then issue PACK command in Command window. PACK requires exclusive file opening.

If yoy would like to delete certain range of records or records specified by some condition then you may select "Delete records..." option in Table menu (appears together with BROWSE window).

The PACK command also has equivalent in Table menu: "Remove Deleted records...".

When record is marked for deletion then you may unmark it by pressing CTRL+T or select the "Recall Records..." Table menu option.

• Marked as answer by Martin_Xie Friday, June 18, 2010 8:50 AM
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:56 AM
  • You may also decide if records marked for deletion are visible or not - try Tools - Options  - Data - Ignore deleted records check box.

And we are not Helpdesk here... We are just developoers helping to other developers or users.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:58 AM