Friday, October 05, 2012 2:28 AM
Visual Studio 2012 crashes when open a form that contains a Visio 2013 Preview Drawing control. (Microsoft Visio 15.0 Drawing Control - Com Component).
Steps to reproduce this issue.
1. Open Visual Studio 2012
2. Create a new Windows Forms Application (C#)
3. Add COM Component Microsoft Visio 15.0 Drawing control to toolbox.
4. Place Visio Drawing Control on Form2.cs[Design].
5. Save all files, project and solution.
6. Close Form1.cs [Design] in the Visual Studio 2012 IDE.
7. Double click Form1.cs in the Solution explorer to edit form [Design] view.
8. Visual Studio Application Crashes at this point.
Is this a known bug in Visio 2013 Preview.
Using the Visio 2013 Drawing Control in VB6 applications also produces the same result.
Our product makes use of the Visio 2013 control in a VB6 application. It is also an issue in Visual Studio 2012.
Any ideas of what is going on?
Monday, October 08, 2012 3:02 AMModerator
Thank you trying out Office 2013. I can reproduce the crash right after adding the control to form. Just now I reported the issue to product team. Once I get some updates, I'll keep you update.
thank you sending the feedback.
Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager