none
Socket Timeout Exception on server while downloading CAB

General discussion

• Hi,

I have an application developed for windows mobile 4/5/6 pocket pc and smartphones.
    While downloading the CAB from server, it takes too much time and I always end up downloading a file of invalid size. Let's say the actual size was 300kb but only 105kb was downloaded.

The server is on weblogic 10.0. On server I noticed the following exception:

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:104)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:141)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.writeChunkTransfer(ChunkOutput.java:525)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.writeChunks(ChunkOutput.java:504)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.flush(ChunkOutput.java:382)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.checkForFlush(ChunkOutput.java:469)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.write(ChunkOutput.java:304)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutputWrapper.write(ChunkOutputWrapper.java:133)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.write(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:169)
            at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.StreamResult.doExecute(StreamResult.java:139)
            at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.WebWorkResultSupport.execute(WebWorkResultSupport.java:109)
            ------
            ------
            ------
    Service Completed

It works fine if I download it from my local server but not from a server deployed outside.
    I don't know if we have any missing configuration on server side or actually what is the reason for such behavior.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
    Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:31 AM

All replies

• Could you show us the client side code that is used to download the cab file? The server side code is in Java, so we may not be able to help you much on that.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Tuesday, April 07, 2009 4:57 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question". If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 2:19 AM