none
SSRS 2008 and IE10 report print issue

Question

• Hi,
    I have an issue with SSRS 2008 and 2008R2 report print icon/control.
    Every time I try to use the SSRS print button IE10 stop working, same problem different computers.
    There was no issue with IE9
    I already added the Report URL to my trusted sites and activated "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting", no success.
    I also deleted all rsclientprint files and installed it new, installation without problems.
    Can some one help with that problem?
    Thank you
    wmel73
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Charlie,
    Thank you for the response.
    I tried all your steps 1 to 5 and I also disabled all Add-ons but I still had the problem that IE stopped working.
    I have on my local computer a SQL 2012 Developer edition installed. I copied all files from the cab file to the 
    c:\windows\downloaded program files , without register the files and its working now, at least for SSRS 2008, I didn't get a change to test it with SSRS 2008R2 yet
    I am wondering if there is/or should be an update available for SSRS ?!
    Thank you,
    wmel73
    • Marked as answer by wmel73 Monday, July 22, 2013 2:02 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Wmel,

Please try the steps below.

1. On the reporting services server, navigate to the <Drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.<Instance Name>\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder.
    2. Extract the rsclientprint.cab by double-clicking on it, you would find the following files:
      RSClientPrint.dll
      RSClientPrint.inf
      RSClientPrint_1028.rll
      RSClientPrint_1031.rll
      RSClientPrint_1033.rll
      RSClientPrint_1036.rll
      RSClientPrint_1040.rll
      RSClientPrint_1041.rll
      RSClientPrint_1042.rll
      RSClientPrint_1043.rll
      RSClientPrint_1046.rll
      RSClientPrint_1053.rll
      RSClientPrint_2052.rll
      RSClientPrint_3082.rll
    3. Copy the above files to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder.
    4. Run the command prompt as administrator, and register the rsclientprint.dll by using the following commands:
      cd \
      cd C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
      regsvr32 rsclientprint.dll
    5.  We would now see a pop up stating the dll is registered successfully.

If the issue persists, please grant the Read & execute and List folder contents permissions to the users on the Downloaded Program Files folder.

Besides, the issue might also be related to third party add-ons for IE. You can temporarily disable all of the third party add-ons and check the issue. If the issue disappears, you can check the third party add-ons one by one to find out the root cause.

Hope this helps.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Hi Charlie,
    Thank you for the response.
    I tried all your steps 1 to 5 and I also disabled all Add-ons but I still had the problem that IE stopped working.
    I have on my local computer a SQL 2012 Developer edition installed. I copied all files from the cab file to the 
    c:\windows\downloaded program files , without register the files and its working now, at least for SSRS 2008, I didn't get a change to test it with SSRS 2008R2 yet
    I am wondering if there is/or should be an update available for SSRS ?!
    Thank you,
    wmel73
    • Marked as answer by wmel73 Monday, July 22, 2013 2:02 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 2:01 PM