Conversion of vb6 projects to vb express dll loading problem

General discussion

•  

Hi

When i try to open a vb6 project in vb express, wizard stucks at step 5 and gives a lot of missing dll like msderun.dll and msde.dll.I have placed msderun.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\DESIGNER\msderun.dll and its working.... Now i have to place the other file. Can some one tell me that where i can place msde.dll...please write complete root. and also describe in brief the process of registering these files.

Uzi

Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Uzi...

I don't know if it will help...but i think you may have to place the msde.dll at the same location as msderun.dll ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\DESIGNER\msderun.dll ) and then use the regsvr32 to register it. If you don't know how to use the regsvr32, here goes a "fast" explanation:

REGSVR32

Register or unregister a DLL.

Syntax
          REGSVR32 [/U] [/S] [/C] [/I:[Command_Line]] DLL_Name

REGSVR32 [/U] [/S] [/C] /N /I:[Command_Line] DLL_Name
    Key /u Unregister Server. /s Silent - no dialogue boxes. /c Console output. /n Don't call DllRegisterServer /i Call DllInstall (or DllUninstall if /u is specified) Command_Line An optional command line for DllInstall

So, at the command line (Run), type this:

REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\DESIGNER\msde.dll "

Barito

Friday, June 15, 2007 3:17 PM
  •  that worked but unfortunately i can not debug it. when i run it in the debug mode i find an error

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in xyz.exe and application does not start.

What com object i need to add or ? Please give solution. what i think is that its trying find an internet connection or an activex control?

Regards

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:35 PM
  • Hi Uzi25,

It seems that an exception thrown while you're trying to start the application in debug mode.

So could you please post the error message and the stack trace of the exception here?

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:41 AM