none
How to open/close GPRS connect?

Question

• Hi there,

I would like to write a program for data socket with GPRS connection.
    My smartphone, Dopod 585, is as the client and PC is the TCPserver.
    To deliver string from smartphone and show it on PC is my current task.
    However, I can do that via USB connection but failed in GPRS.
    It seems to mean that both programs in client and server are correct but something wrong in GPRS connection.
    Maybe I need to write a program in C# to start GPRS connection.
    However I could not get any information about GPRS connection in the MSDN for C#.
    Would you please do me a favor to give a example program or tell me what function or structure could accomplish GPRS connection? Thanks for your kindly assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Kuan-chu
    Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:49 AM

Answers

• When you have a GPRS connection, you write normal C# code which uses System.Net classes to talk over the connection. MSDN has tons of documentation on using the System.Net.Socket and other classes
    Monday, November 14, 2005 11:25 AM

All replies

• When you have a GPRS connection, you write normal C# code which uses System.Net classes to talk over the connection. MSDN has tons of documentation on using the System.Net.Socket and other classes
    Monday, November 14, 2005 11:25 AM
  • Thank you so much.
    I will test again.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:17 AM
  •  basharat wrote:
    Hi there,
    I want to establish a point to pint GPRS data link
    plz send  me some helping code for connection

thanks

basharat_iiui@hotmail.com

Basharat

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:40 AM
  • I advise you to take a look at www.opennetcf.org.

There is a library and with it, you can command the GPRS connection.

The code looks like to:

ConnectionManager connMgr = new ConnectionManager(); // open connection manager

public void connectGPRS()

{

DestinationInfoCollection DIC = connMgr.EnumDestinations(); // look the different types of connection

long startTime;

try

{

foreach (DestinationInfo di in DIC)

{

if (di.description == "Internet") // for the connection "Internet" or what you want (it can be "The Internet), it depends on your smartphone

{

connMgr.Connect(di.guid, true, ConnectionMode.Asynchronous); // try to connect

}

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:16 PM
  • When you make a call to a server, the device will just make the GPRS connection for you if possible.

OPENNet stuff is good, but even if you connect using it, that doesn't mean you are connected a second later

Just make the call to the server, and if it works fine, if not you have to try to resend later
    Friday, May 12, 2006 9:58 AM
  •  Anarchy wrote:
    When you make a call to a server, the device will just make the GPRS connection for you if possible.

In code? Not that I've seen. I've had to manually establish the GPRS connection, or force it to always-on in registry on startup, on both the Cingular 2125 and the Treo 700W.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:35 PM
  • nope, using XDA's, SPV's etc, when I make a call to a WebService, the device connects automatically

I don't try to make a GPRS connection, it just does it for me
    Monday, May 15, 2006 1:40 PM
  •  Anarchy wrote:
    nope, using XDA's, SPV's etc, when I make a call to a WebService, the device connects automatically

I don't try to make a GPRS connection, it just does it for me

even when it's definitely, explicitly not already connected to GPRS?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:46 PM
  • yup.

I started using OpenNetCF to make a connection, the send data, but now just make a call to the webservice, the device connects, and it either works or fails.  If it fails, I try again next time round.  Logically you have to do this even if OpenNetCF connects, the send could still fail, so it makes no difference if you thought you were connected  or not

But the device def connects itself.  Just like when you go to a web site in IE
    Friday, May 19, 2006 10:06 AM
  •  Anarchy wrote:
    yup.

I started using OpenNetCF to make a connection, the send data, but now just make a call to the webservice, the device connects, and it either works or fails.  If it fails, I try again next time round.  Logically you have to do this even if OpenNetCF connects, the send could still fail, so it makes no difference if you thought you were connected  or not

But the device def connects itself.  Just like when you go to a web site in IE

interesting. my 8125 seems to connect automatically, without a hitch, when in EDGE coverage. the 2125 and treo, definitely not, though the EVDO 700W, also a pocket pc phone like the 8125, was less difficult than the pure-Smartphone EDGE 2125.

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:29 PM
  •  

finally, I gat the same way with Anarchy.

When I want to connect IE or webservice, GPRS will open itself.

I had tried sample code of opennetcf, but I don't know how can i open connect with opennetcf.

(my pocket pc is Dopod 585)

Monday, May 22, 2006 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

I dont about GPRS connection. I want to connect Gprs using .Net .

Can you explain in detail.

Pl. Urgent

Thanks in advance,

kavithanakkeeran@yahoo.com

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:58 AM
  • pls open my gprs in mms

Saturday, March 01, 2008 1:01 AM