Foundation Server Thinks I'm Administrator

Question

• When I try to connect to the team foundation server for the first time, It says "administrator" does not have an account on that server.  I looked, and my visual studio is not running as administrator, nor is anything else. 

I've checked my username in the few places I can find it in the visual studio environment, and it is set to my username, (not administrator).

I tried running it my right clicking visual studio 2005 and saying runas my username...the foundation server still says I'm trying to log in as administrator.

It's very wierd.  Has anyone else heard of this or know about it?  Thanks!

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:07 PM

Answers

• So it said that the first time you connected to TFS after installing VS?
    Just a suggestion, try deleting your VS cache and try connecting again. VS will cache the TFS credentials after initial connection.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 10:54 PM
  • Thanks Joe!

For those who seek a solution to this problem and don't know how to delete a password out ot their cache...

To view and modify stored user names and passwords

Open Stored User Names and Passwords

Click the desired entry in the list, then click Properties.

Note

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts. If your computer is joined to a domain, click the Advanced tab, then click Manage Passwords. If your computer is not joined to a domain, click your account name and then, in Related Tasks box, click Manage my network passwords.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:53 PM

All replies

• So it said that the first time you connected to TFS after installing VS?
    Just a suggestion, try deleting your VS cache and try connecting again. VS will cache the TFS credentials after initial connection.
    Monday, September 18, 2006 10:54 PM
  • Thanks Joe!

For those who seek a solution to this problem and don't know how to delete a password out ot their cache...

To view and modify stored user names and passwords

Open Stored User Names and Passwords

Click the desired entry in the list, then click Properties.

Note

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts. If your computer is joined to a domain, click the Advanced tab, then click Manage Passwords. If your computer is not joined to a domain, click your account name and then, in Related Tasks box, click Manage my network passwords.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:53 PM
  • thank you very much.

i got solution of my problem.

by default i set admin username and password store permanently i cant find out where to remove it.

after your post i remove and add my own username and password for VS2008 for TFS2010 source control.

thank you

Friday, April 06, 2012 1:42 PM