none
Streaminsight Licensing for Azure

Question

• Good afternoon,

I am in the early stages of a new project and as it will be running on Azure (web/worker/SQL wise) and includes event processing but before going into a prototype phase and evaluating different solution scenarios, I was wondering about two things StreamInsight related:

• is StreamInsight working & supported in a pure Azure Environment
    • and what about licensing - how many licenses of what type would have to be purchased?

Thanks,

-Jörg B.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:50 AM

Answers

• Right now we don't have a StreamInsight Azure service. Project Austin CTP is closed for the time being. If you want to run your services on Azure, you could install StreamInsight 2.1 on an Azure VM. The licensing would be the same as in a box product other than paying for the cores in your VM.
    • Marked as answer by jbattermann Friday, July 12, 2013 8:52 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 2:53 AM

All replies

• 1. https://www.simple-talk.com/cloud/platform-as-a-service/-streaminsight-service-for-windows-azure/

2. call MS license center

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Right now we don't have a StreamInsight Azure service. Project Austin CTP is closed for the time being. If you want to run your services on Azure, you could install StreamInsight 2.1 on an Azure VM. The licensing would be the same as in a box product other than paying for the cores in your VM.
    • Marked as answer by jbattermann Friday, July 12, 2013 8:52 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 2:53 AM
  • Thanks for the clarification Dipanjan, that helped!

Best regards,

-Jörg

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Are there any plans to revive StreamLight Azure Service specially after the launch of Kinesis by AWS??? I am designing an IoT system and this might help me make the technology decision.

Thanks,

Muffadal J.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:42 AM