need help with runescape java

Question

• i have the site sponsored client window to the game Runescape by Jagex. When I open this file i can get all the way to the login, login and then after the game (java based web-browser game) it comes up with the error:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

RUNESCAPE caused an invalid page fault in module JIT.DLL at 017f:7c319f2.

Followed by some register information. I have no idea wat this means but i cannot play the game in the client window and this frustrates me. please help, btw i have slightly altered the security (ie accepting some scripts etc.) in vain to allow it to play, please help me.

Monday, October 09, 2006 9:10 AM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Can you provide some details into this problem? Which technology are you using?

Can you provide some code that reproduces the problem.

-Varun

Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:30 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Can you provide some details into this problem? Which technology are you using?

Can you provide some code that reproduces the problem.

-Varun

Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:30 PM
  • runescape runs on there special kind of Java called Runescript. I think thats the problem. not sure really...
    Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:40 PM
  • Here are some ways you can troubleshoot the Problem,

1.Try Reinstalling Java and Keep it up-to-date*
       2. Update the Web Browser, and check to see if your Firewall is Blocking Java From Starting*

3. Another Reason why Java isn't working is because you might be running another Program that Uses Java, From which Limits you Java Console from loading runescape.

Friday, June 08, 2007 3:48 PM
  • i am having a sililar problem.my problem is that when i goto play runescape it comes up the loading part and when it comes to it instead of loading it with java my firefox or internet explorer they just shut down.i am using java 6.2jre or something like that. help me plz.sometimes it loads and i keep on playing and it will shut down eventually.
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:36 AM
  • i have lots of trouble with runescape.it happened like 3 months ago.i gen to main screen then the detail select then the world select then when i get to the next part it just has a small  white box with a red x in the middle.ive tried sun java and load and LOADS of other things.nothing worked.sun java did but very,VERY slow.when the mini went black a little bit it froze up completly.im getting really -P- oed 

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:25 AM
  • i hv the same problem too.lets blame jagex for annoying us and stoppin us from playin

Friday, October 12, 2007 11:46 PM
  • i have the same problem but with eliteswitch  its a program with some add ons  that also lets u play out side of the browser.but i can use it i have the error loading in eliteswitch no the internet brower it says error in the jit.dll file but u guys with error in the broswer should try eliteswitch

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:35 AM
  • ok so my java currently stopped working, i dont know why my jvm is all messed up i dont know
    what the *** is going on it will not load the log in screen for rs it just comes up black
    ive been trying to find a solution but no awsner so

please help me email me at kiba772000@yahoo.com

also it says it wont load the java because my jvm is'nt working but it also has no java icon on my tray (bottom icons thing)
    yadadada. anyways umm i dunno if u can help me get rs and java working much appreciation ty.
    Friday, October 26, 2007 1:27 AM
  • im hving a problem wih runesape as well. i unistalled java and i go t runescape website i make t to the login page and a yellow bar cms at the top of the screen. this website is tryin to dowload j2se runetime ecviroment 5.0 update 12.....i lick on it to download it but it just brings me to the mina page of runescape and doest do anything.

another thing--i wet to www.java.com and downloaded java version1 6.0....i got to runescape make it to the login page

the part of the screen where u log in (rnescape screen)(not rest of page) the runescape screen goes white and a small page in the top left corner comes up with a big red X there?

what are solution to fix this problem

Saturday, November 03, 2007 6:29 PM
  •  

Reason why Java isn't working is because you might be running another Program that Uses Java, From which Limits you Java Console from loading runescape.

I think this is a very important reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I learning: C#, VB, PHP, GML FOOD HTML; I want to learn: C++, I wanted to learn Assembly.
    Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:57 AM
  • Okay I have a couple of answers for you since you say that you get error code:

RUNESCAPE caused an invalid page fault in module JIT.DLL at 017f:7c319f2

and some other registry information

My solution to the problem would to be to uninstall Java from your windows based system and then run and re-install it from http://www.java.com and run the program and install it.

If the problem persists, check out, C:\program files\Java\(EG FOR VTYPE) C:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\client\jvm.dll

make sure that that file is there when downloading because sometimes JIT.DLL has to connect to jvm.dll to load a module that runescape client needs, also make sure that you are only using the runescape client and no other client because that client may steal your passwords, I have been checking out all created clients and I have only one concern of a client called "Elite-switch" which has a computer/windows based system adware/trojan installed when you run the installer which is highly unpredictable, for some users.

I understand half of what you are saying and I hope that this helps you.

"You can't stop the light but you can use a mirror" - Ray-Shawn Mckneil

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:57 PM
  • I have had the same problem. I can type in my name and password, then when I press log in it colses the internet window. Did you figure how to sort it out? If you did I would appreciate it if you told me how to sort it out.

Thanks.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:39 PM
  •  bigpetey wrote:

i have the site sponsored client window to the game Runescape by Jagex. When I open this file i can get all the way to the login, login and then after the game (java based web-browser game) it comes up with the error:

RUNESCAPE caused an invalid page fault in module JIT.DLL at 017f:7c319f2.

Followed by some register information. I have no idea wat this means but i cannot play the game in the client window and this frustrates me. please help, btw i have slightly altered the security (ie accepting some scripts etc.) in vain to allow it to play, please help me.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:55 PM
  • hoi wie kan me helpen java te insltaleren

Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:45 PM
  • i think your proxy have been set on so it is protecting you from getting online go change them and change your ssl ffs
    Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:48 AM
  • http://www.runescape.com/a=135/kbase/guid/the_game_won_t_load

I looked up some things on Runescape and got this page. You should try doing all of these and see if it'll work.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:26 PM
  • i can help you just give me your account and ill do it for you and then give it to you all fine
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:19 AM
  • I have myself incountered many problems with runescape and now I have a problem with java it was all working fine for about three weeks lol

A friend sent me the interface and updates file called .jagex_cache_32 this fixed my crash when trying to download interface.

.jagex_cache_32

http://rapidshare.com/files/387561128/.jagex_cache_32.rar.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/387563413/.jagex_cache_32.rar.html

(I'll upload again) If needs be anyway here is 20 downloads all of the same folder and files

How to install: C:\Windows delete the old .jagex_cache_32 and replace with this version

Last updated 13/5/10

Right now my problem is java does not load: I have done the following but it still don't budge.

Deleted %temp% files

Deleted Prefetch Files

Uninstalled JavaSetup7

Download RaJava and removed all traces of Java on the Pc

Installed Clean Java

Deleted Privacy settings ( Cookies, Stored Webpages, Passwords) I Used CCleaner

Used DiskCleanup

Checked Firewall, It is set to allow.

Here is a couple of images of the crash and the taskmanger.

http://rapidshare.com/files/387571186/JavaPics.rar.htm

System Spec

I'm using Amd Athon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+ 2.21Ghz, 1GiG Ram, 90GiG Hardrive Space, NVIDIA Geforce 6800 series (OMEGA) driver, Chip Type  6800 GT.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:23 AM
  • Ok, i bhad exactly the same problem (still do) but you have to download the RuneScape client which can be found at http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/Downloads_and_Wallpapers. Should be the first one =], install it to your desktop and start playing! Good LucK!
    Monday, July 19, 2010 7:45 PM
  • runescape runs on there special kind of Java called Runescript. I think thats the problem. not sure really...

shanetalent
    Friday, September 24, 2010 3:55 PM