none
Anyway to restrict peoplepicker to a site collection instead of webapp?

Question

• We have 1 WebApp and 2 site collections.

• Site Collection A needs (stsadm -o setproperty -url https://webapp/site_collection_A -pn peoplepicker-onlysearchwithinsitecollection -pv yes)
    • Site Collection B should not have above property.

Is this possible ?

Based on what we read, the PP affects the entire WebApp.

Is there a PowerShell command to do this?

Thanks again everyone!

• Edited by Ross Ghiasi Monday, September 23, 2013 8:09 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 8:08 PM

Answers

• You can always request DCRs, but you need to have the financial backing (lack of this feature will cost us $x millions) and no workarounds available to you.  Without these, it will likely be rejected by the Product Group.  Also, given how old this piece of code is, I would not expected 'improvements' in it, such as changing the scope of the property.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:36 PM

All replies

• The property exists at the Web Application level (e.g. the SPWebApplication object).  You can use the above to 'set' the value, but it will only take effect at the Web App level.

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:46 PM
  • Thanks Trevor,

Do you think we can request a DRC to Microsoft for this change?

It's noooot working!!!

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:35 PM
  • You can always request DCRs, but you need to have the financial backing (lack of this feature will cost us $x millions) and no workarounds available to you.  Without these, it will likely be rejected by the Product Group.  Also, given how old this piece of code is, I would not expected 'improvements' in it, such as changing the scope of the property.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:36 PM
  • Thanks Trevor,

Does this apply to 2013 as well or can you be granular with PeoplePicker in 2013, i.e. apply settings at sitecolelction level?

----------------------------

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:35 PM
  • Yes, it also applies to SharePoint 2013.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:39 PM