none
Can't configure MS Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook

Question

• Hi crmguys!ti

I can't configure MS Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook. I'm using Dynamics CRM Online, Outlook 2010, Windows 7 32 bits. I've tried many steps and steps to fix this. When I try to configure an organization for Outlook:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server...

Here is my log, help pls!

Friday, September 02, 2011 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi, you seem to be using pre-release version of CRM client (5.0.9688.32)

The released version was 5.0.9688.583 and there has been 3 update rollups since then.

Reinstalling RTM version + latest UR should solve your issue.

Friday, September 02, 2011 11:55 PM
  • From the log looks like the error is different. Somehow the MAPI service got unregistered.

Here's what you need to do (assuming it's 32 bit Windows 7 and 32 bit Office 2010)

1. Go to the folder below in explorer and copy MAPISVC.inf

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

2. Open the following folders and paste mapisvc.inf there (if it doesn't exist already). You can also try to replace the file, just make a copy of previous one if you do that.

C:\Windows\System32\mapisvc.inf
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mapisvc.inf or C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\3082\mapisvc.inf

Please try Configuration now to see if it works, if not continue further...

If it still does not work, you will need to manually modify mapisvc.inf to make sure the following entries are there. If there is already [Services] line, you will need to combine [Services] section lines that start with MSCRM AB and CrmMS with whatever already present under [Services].

[Services]
    MSCRM AB=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    CrmMS=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database
    [MSCRM AB]
    Providers=MSCRM ABP
    PR_DISPLAY_NAME=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_SUPPORT_FILES=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_DELETE_FILES=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=ServiceEntry
    PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=SERVICE_SINGLE_COPY | SERVICE_NO_PRIMARY_IDENTITY
    [MSCRM ABP]
    PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_AB_PROVIDER
    PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK=STORE_CREATE_OK | STORE_RESTRICTION_OK
    [CrmMS]
    Providers=Crm_MS
    PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=CRMMS.dll
    PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=CrmServiceEntry
    [Crm_MS]
    PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_STORE_PROVIDER
    PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=STATUS_NO_DEFAULT_STORE
    PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database
    PR_MDB_PROVIDER=881BC3AD9497624cB1BC2D51A897E43E
    PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=CRMMS.dll

Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I think I have serious issues with Outlook 2010, all this week I had the next issue: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. Sometimes I could fix it with OUTLOOK /RESETNAVPANE for one day or so.

With your steps I could recreate again my company account!. but this issue came back. I'll fix this outlook issue and I'll try to configure again.

I can't wait too see Outlook with Dynamics CRM!.

Regards.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:38 PM

All replies

• You mention that you've tried a number of things.  Have you tried this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2502671

Regards, Donna

Friday, September 02, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Hi Donna,

First at all, thanks for you help. Yes, everything ok about time.

Is it very importan to install live sign-in assistant?, I only have Windows Essential Live 2011, which it was reinstalled after to set up MS Dynamics Online CRM for Outlook.

What about all those error in the log?. This is the log whe I've tried to configure again:

I hope it resolves :)

• Edited by Dynrules Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:31 PM
    Friday, September 02, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Hi, you seem to be using pre-release version of CRM client (5.0.9688.32)

The released version was 5.0.9688.583 and there has been 3 update rollups since then.

Reinstalling RTM version + latest UR should solve your issue.

Friday, September 02, 2011 11:55 PM
  • Hi Alex,

I'll try it again. I'll let you know. Thanks!.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:17 AM
  • Yup, since the configuration wizard showing that you're using pre-release version 5.0.9688.32, the easiest way to way to get latest released version would be the following:

1. Go to Control Panel, uninstall the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook

2. Go to CRM Online website

3. There should be a yellow bar that say 'Get CRM Client for Outlook'. Click on it to install the latest version of CRM.

If the yellow bar is not there, you'll need to completely restart IE and try again to re-detect that client is no longer installed.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:31 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thks for your steps!. I followed again, this time it seem that it took more time, but I had the same result.

I repaired again Windows Essential Live 2011. And again the same!. This time i have the last version.

00:01:12|   Info| === Se inició el registro del asistente para configuración de Microsoft Dynamics CRM para Outlook: 03/09/2011 12:01:12 a.m. ===
    00:01:12|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Initialize
    00:01:12|   Info| Client Configuration Wizard Version      : 5.0.9688.583
    00:01:12|   Info| Client Configuration Wizard LanguageID   : 3082

I see this error:

00:02:11|  Error| Error connecting to URL: https://dev.crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityAccessDeniedException: Access is denied.

00:02:19|  Error| Error connecting to URL: https://dev.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityAccessDeniedException: Access is denied.

00:04:06|  Error| Exception :     en Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.CRcwMsgServiceAdmin.CreateMsgServiceEx(String ServiceName, String DisplayName, IntPtr UIParam, IMsgServiceAdmin_CreateMsgService_Flags Flags)
       en Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.InstallCrmDatastore(Guid organizationId, Guid userId, String serverUrl, String organizationName, String displayName)
       en Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       en Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)

00:09:20|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    00:09:20|  Error| Failed to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with mycompany.

00:09:57|  Error| Exception : No se puede configurar la organización para Microsoft Dynamics CRM para Outlook. Intente configurar la organización de nuevo.

Si el problema persiste, póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema.    en Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Execute

(ActionCommand command, ServerInfo serverInfo)
       en Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__3(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    00:10:01|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    00:10:01|   Info| Exit code: Default
    00:10:01|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    00:10:01|   Info| === Se detuvo el registro del asistente para configuración de Microsoft Dynamics CRM para Outlook: 03/09/2011 12:10:01 a.m. ===

I tried almost everything!. What is the problem? please.

Thanks for your support.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:49 AM
  • From the log looks like the error is different. Somehow the MAPI service got unregistered.

Here's what you need to do (assuming it's 32 bit Windows 7 and 32 bit Office 2010)

1. Go to the folder below in explorer and copy MAPISVC.inf

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

2. Open the following folders and paste mapisvc.inf there (if it doesn't exist already). You can also try to replace the file, just make a copy of previous one if you do that.

C:\Windows\System32\mapisvc.inf
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mapisvc.inf or C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\3082\mapisvc.inf

Please try Configuration now to see if it works, if not continue further...

If it still does not work, you will need to manually modify mapisvc.inf to make sure the following entries are there. If there is already [Services] line, you will need to combine [Services] section lines that start with MSCRM AB and CrmMS with whatever already present under [Services].

[Services]
    MSCRM AB=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    CrmMS=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database
    [MSCRM AB]
    Providers=MSCRM ABP
    PR_DISPLAY_NAME=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_SUPPORT_FILES=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_DELETE_FILES=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=ServiceEntry
    PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=SERVICE_SINGLE_COPY | SERVICE_NO_PRIMARY_IDENTITY
    [MSCRM ABP]
    PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_AB_PROVIDER
    PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=CRMPRV.dll
    PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address Book
    PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK=STORE_CREATE_OK | STORE_RESTRICTION_OK
    [CrmMS]
    Providers=Crm_MS
    PR_SERVICE_DLL_NAME=CRMMS.dll
    PR_SERVICE_ENTRY_NAME=CrmServiceEntry
    [Crm_MS]
    PR_RESOURCE_TYPE=MAPI_STORE_PROVIDER
    PR_RESOURCE_FLAGS=STATUS_NO_DEFAULT_STORE
    PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database
    PR_MDB_PROVIDER=881BC3AD9497624cB1BC2D51A897E43E
    PR_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME=CRMMS.dll

Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I think I have serious issues with Outlook 2010, all this week I had the next issue: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. Sometimes I could fix it with OUTLOOK /RESETNAVPANE for one day or so.

With your steps I could recreate again my company account!. but this issue came back. I'll fix this outlook issue and I'll try to configure again.

I can't wait too see Outlook with Dynamics CRM!.

Regards.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:38 PM