All my Hotmail contacts are gone? How to get them back?

Question

• Hey.

This is a disgrace. I'll tell you what happened.

Well, I received about 20 emails from the Postmaster. I checked them and looked at what the message was that was being sent and it was:

"hey,
    how are you ?
    Just received my iphone 3gs 32gb from this website. www.sxtjmg.com much cheaper than others and genuine . if you would like to get one,you can check it out.
    cheers 
    Matthew"

I have received this from my friends before but I never click the link. So when I see this has happened I change my password to be safe. I still had my contacts and it was all good. I then restarted my PC and logged onto Windows Live Messenger and all my contacts are GONE! I check hotmail.com and all my contacts are GONE as well. What the ____ has happened here? Is there anyway I can get my contacts back?
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:26 PM

All replies

• I had the same problem. All of my contacts were gone. Please help me to recover all my contacts. Never mind all the email I had but the contacts are really important. Hopefully someone will help me.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:48 AM
  • I had this happen also, anyone have a solution???
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:16 PM
  • The same happend to me today..

I found a solution on Windows Live...

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e4189f67-fc19-48d7-a7ae-1b99d4a2799c

Hope it would help

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:42 PM