none
MS Project 2007 Password Protection

Question

• We have developed a large MS Project Schedule and would like to share it with 12 project managers. Is there a way to password protect the file that would allow them to save it to their hard drives and save it with a different file name and allow them to change their 'new' version?
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Click on Save As

Click on Tools --> General Options

Always Create Backup --> Protection Password --> Write reservation Password --> Read-only recommended.

These options will help you to meet your expectation.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Monday, July 19, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Hi Sue,

For password protection

File >> Save As >> Tools (where you give file name) >>General Options >>passowrd protection

Thanks

MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Monday, July 19, 2010 10:09 PM
  • I've tried following the steps but when I click on Save As I don't have the option to click on Tools, etc. My only choices are to save it using a file name.
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Oops, nevermind....I see the Tools button. It was hiding down there at the bottom very discreetly!
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:52 PM