none
Is it possible to add languages to deployed XP-E installation?

Question

• Is it possible to add MUI language packs to a deployed pre-existing Windows XP-E installation?  The original XP-E image contained only English and my customers need other languages applied to their systems.  I found the MUI language packs for SP1 and SP2 on MSDN, but when I run those installers on the system, they complain that they can't connect to the Component Database.  I presume those are for development systems, not deployed installations.
    Friday, February 15, 2013 5:02 PM

All replies

• XPe can't add the other language in the pre-existing environment. Only WES7 can do that via DISM. My suggestion is rebuild it and add the languages your customer want, like Japanese, Franch...etc into TD first to prevent this issue happen again.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Hm. I could be made possible but this would be a lot of work... weeks/month. It's normaly not woth the money. Rebuilding is the much better option.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (Preparing a blog about Windows Embedded Standard)

Monday, February 18, 2013 7:23 PM
  • rebuild

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:35 AM