none
RBS deployment

Question

• I am a long-time user of XP Embedded and my organization has no need to upgrade to WES2009 or beyond.  We have always installed the XPe RBS on XP Pro machines with DHCP provided by a managed switch.  I know there has been disagreement in the forum about RBS running on anything other than a server-class OS but it works on XP Pro and I will be happy to help anyone who has had difficulties.  For some applications we are replacing XP Pro machines hosting RBS with Win7 machines and the XPe RBS service does not start properly on Win7 -- it complains about a missing dependency.  I have been able to install the RBS from a WES2009 eval DVD and run successfully on Win7 in the same manner as I have been running RBS on XP Pro.  My question is do I need to worry about RBS from an eval edition time-bombing out?  I think the answer is "no" since I think eval editions only time bomb the images that the tools create but I do not want to deploy my new RBS solution only to find later that it becomes crippled.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:13 PM