none
.net OLEDB provider for Access 2007 ?

Question

• hi,

How to access the New Access 2007 Database using OLEDB Providers in .net ?

When tried with the the current OLEDB PROVIDER with .net framework 2.0 it does not work.

thanks n regards.

Barath

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Access 2007 (which is still in beta) has a new database engine that has been extended from Jet. I believe the provider you need to specify in the connection string is Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0.
    Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:41 PM
  • Exactly Paul and Work.

But Where we can find the Jet redistribible package to include in the proyect?

Or it´s implemented in .Framework 2.0?

And I will take the chance to ask about if somebody know how to publish on VB 2005 Express a Access 2007 Database included in the package.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sadolon

Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:56 PM

• There is no distribution for the Access 2007 database engine and Office 2007 is still in BETA.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:32 PM
  • Office 2007 is no longer in beta...is there a distribution method for the Access 2007 engine yet??
    Friday, December 22, 2006 6:44 PM

• It looks like there is now a download:

2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:52 PM
  • Hmmm...looks like that's exactly what I need, except that it doesn't appear to be redistributable.  (Lord, I searched everywhere for that, and couldn't find it.)  Doesn't look like it will populate into VS 2005 as an available prerequisite for publishing.

Ah well, this'll do for now! Thanks!!

Friday, December 22, 2006 8:13 PM

• I haven't had a chance to look at the distribution mechanism yet, or determine what files are required, but I'm thinking there is probably a way to accomplish this which is permitted by licensing.
    Saturday, December 23, 2006 3:16 PM
  • Hi,  I know it's ben some time since this post but curious if anyone knows the scoop when it comes to building a deployment package (I usually use Installshield) when you have a .NET app using Access 2007 that is using this provider for Office 2007 ?   Any feedback would be appreciated.  

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\achjbiz3\hjournal2.accdb;Persist Security Info=False;

Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:36 PM
  • It has it's own installation package. See my post above.

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:23 AM
  • Thanks Paul!  This is good information....  I was however hoping to find out if there was an easy way to include anything necessary for accessing Acess 2007 as a reference in a .NET project in VS or as some sort of Merge module for installing with Installshield.

Just looking to upgrade from using DAO to Access for some newer work since I imagine DAO will get phased out sometime in the near future.   Thanks!

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:33 PM
  • There is nothing available from Microsoft that I am aware of so unless someone has created their own I'm afraid the answer is no.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:28 AM