none
Q:Procedure to write inline assembly in ARM on eVC

Question

• Hi all experts,

I am working on a project which need to write assembly code in my target. My target is ARM 920T, ARMV4I and OS:WinCE 4.2 which means I need to write it on eVC. After surveying, I need someone to confirm my procedure if correct and answer my questions.

Procedure:

1. eVC++ 4.0 doesn't support inline assembly which means I can't do it directly.

2. By http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/ARMJitCE.asp?print=true

I need to write "this kind of assembly code" to emit the REAL assembly code.

3. After I get the REAL assembly code, I need to create a xx.lib project to import the REAL code which I can reference it in my main application. 

Question:

1. Does eVC 4.0 really not support inline assembly? (Because the article I found is very old)

2. Can the ARMJitCE package run on ARMV4I? (Because the article didn't test it)

3. When I get the REAL assembly code, what I only can do is to write a xx.lib to import?  Is there another way to do that more directly? Or I can write the REAL assembly code in one part of main application?

Please give me any advice. Thank you in advance.

Best,

William.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can someone give me the direction? Or my question is not supposed to post here? Or there is another place to post more properly? Thanks.

William.
    Friday, September 21, 2007 7:08 PM
  • ARM assembly code can be placed into a separate .s file and compiled that way.

You may find the this thread helpful

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:36 PM
  • Thanks for response. Because I am new in writing assembly code instead of inline assembly, here are some stupid questions.

1. I wrote an assembly example in .s file and I compiled this file, it will show an error message: "Cannot compile the .s file; no compile tool is associated with the file extension". Can someone answer?

2. How to write an assembly function to connect with main file? How does the parameter pass through? Is there any example or tutorial which can work on this platform?

Thanks in advance.

William.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:27 PM