how to connect remote access database from VB.net??

Question

• how to connect remote access database from VB.net??

hallo,

i am looking for a code that connect to a remote database(ms access)on the web from a desktop vb.net/vb application.

help me
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:03 PM

Answers

• officexpboy,

ODBC

Standard Security

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;SystemDB=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdw;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Exclusive

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Exclusive=1;Uid=admin;Pwd=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    OLE DB, OleDbConnection (.NET)

Standard security

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    With database password
    This is the connection string to use when you have an access database protected with a password using the Set Database Password function in Access. 
    Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup (system database)

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup (system database) specifying username and password

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:23 AM

All replies

• officexpboy,

ODBC

Standard Security

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;SystemDB=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdw;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Exclusive

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Exclusive=1;Uid=admin;Pwd=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    OLE DB, OleDbConnection (.NET)

Standard security

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    With database password
    This is the connection string to use when you have an access database protected with a password using the Set Database Password function in Access. 
    Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup (system database)

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;

COPY TO CLIPBOARD
    Workgroup (system database) specifying username and password

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=RemoteServerName\Path\mydatabase.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:23 AM
  • Will these work from VB Expess?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:12 PM
  • I need to connect to a mdb file located in internet from a VB desktop application.

For Example:

My database is located here: http://www.mysite.com/dbfolder/mydb.mdb

What should I do in VB 6.0?

Thanks

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Whatever is done in vb6 needs to be done some other place such as the vb6 news group because this is a .Net forum.

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:57 PM
  • please help with the following problem i have pasted the error that comes up. it happens when i try to open the application from another computer on the network what can i do to fix this. i did add in a picture but it seems not to show so if you are able to help please e-mail me about this and i will e-mail you the picture that has the error message i get when opening the application thanks my e-mail is peterphillip99@yahoo.com
    Monday, January 05, 2009 12:21 PM