none
ERROR The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com'

Question

• Hi All!

I've built an application on one computer (Windows XP) where it perfectly works, but now I have to move to another one with Vista.
    I installed .NET and all additions and work as administrator, however the application doesn't work and returns the following error.
    May be you know what is the problem?

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com']
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.StartPostRequest() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:601
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:225
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url, IEasyWebResponseHandler customHandler) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:249
       Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.ExecuteInternal() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:140
       Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.Execute() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:129
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.MakeCreateTokenCall(String methodName, Int32 version, HealthServiceConnection connection, Collection`1 appTokenCreationInfo) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:520
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.MakeCreateTokenCall(String methodName, Int32 version, HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid appId, Boolean isMra) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:436
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.CreateAuthenticatedSessionToken(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:381
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateKeySetPair(AuthSessionKeySetPairs keySetPairs, HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:1019
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateKeySetPair(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:954
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.Authenticate(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:378
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateIfRequired(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:345
       Microsoft.Health.AuthenticatedConnection.Authenticate() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\AuthenticatedConnection.cs:721
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.GetPersonInfo(String authToken, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1546
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.HandleTokenOnUrl(HttpContext context, Boolean isLoginRequired, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1562
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.PageOnPreLoad(HttpContext context, Boolean logOnRequired, Boolean isMra, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:314
       Microsoft.Health.Web.HealthServicePage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\HealthServicePage.cs:133
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +554

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Server Error in '/website' Application.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com'

Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nadya,

My best guess is that your web.config file is specifying https://www.platform.healthvault-ppe.com and the server is redirecting you to https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/.  Try changing your HealthServiceUrl to

https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/ 

If you're still having issues, I suggest trying running the troubleshooter application in the SDK. That will help narrow things down.  

Hope this helps.

Mahesh

Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:27 PM
  • Since your error message says cannot resolve "platform.healthvault-ppe.com" it looks like a DNS resolution issue.     Reconnect internet and try again :)

Are you able to browse to http://account.healthvault-ppe.com ?

Raj
    Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:44 PM
  • Hi Raj!

I am able to connect to http://account.healthvault-ppe.com , but simple reconnection to the internet still does not help :(

EasyWebRequest.cs is pointing an error with https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/ wildcat.ashx URL

I am using different certificates but this does not help.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:37 PM
  • In fact I have the https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/ as HealthServiceUrl.
    So the error still exists.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Are there proxy differences between the two machines? If so, you will need to modify the proxy section in the web.config file.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:54 PM
  • If what suggessted by Eric does not solve the issue,  you may also want to check if it is because firewall is enabled on Vista which is blocking client requests - Vista firewall can work in a mode where it can be configured only to allow few trusted applications to access internet.  Turn it off and give it a try..

Raj
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Eric, Raj,

You know what ) I talked to my network administrator and reinstalled .NET environment once again and now everything works! Probably there was a bug somewhere...
    Thank you for help and support!

Nadya
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:02 AM
  • And it's me once again...
    On my local machine with Visual Studio application works perfectly, but when I run it on IIS 7 it has the same error.
    I've tryed to change proxy, checked all links, checked cetificates, disabled firewall, reconnected to Internet but no changed.
    And I have no idea what is the problem.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'platform.healthvault-ppe.com']
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.StartPostRequest() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:601
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:225
       Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url, IEasyWebResponseHandler customHandler) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:249
       Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.ExecuteInternal() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:140
       Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.Execute() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:129
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.MakeCreateTokenCall(String methodName, Int32 version, HealthServiceConnection connection, Collection`1 appTokenCreationInfo) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:520
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.MakeCreateTokenCall(String methodName, Int32 version, HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid appId, Boolean isMra) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:436
       Microsoft.Health.Authentication.Credential.CreateAuthenticatedSessionToken(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\Credential.cs:381
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateKeySetPair(AuthSessionKeySetPairs keySetPairs, HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:1019
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateKeySetPair(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:954
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.Authenticate(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:378
       Microsoft.Health.Web.Authentication.WebApplicationCredential.AuthenticateIfRequired(HealthServiceConnection connection, Guid applicationId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\Authentication\WebApplicationCredential.cs:345
       Microsoft.Health.AuthenticatedConnection.Authenticate() in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\AuthenticatedConnection.cs:721
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.GetPersonInfo(String authToken, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1546
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.HandleTokenOnUrl(HttpContext context, Boolean isLoginRequired, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:1562
       Microsoft.Health.Web.WebApplicationUtilities.PageOnPreLoad(HttpContext context, Boolean logOnRequired, Boolean isMra, Guid appId) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationUtilities.cs:314
       Microsoft.Health.Web.HealthServicePage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\HealthServicePage.cs:133
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +554

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Friday, July 24, 2009 4:37 PM
  • Just to debug: Can you try run the web site on IIS in an application pool running under your own identity and check if the problem still exists?

Raj
    Monday, July 27, 2009 11:08 AM
  • Finally I did it! The problem was in network configuration and proxy settings.
    So now everything works :)
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hi Nadya,
    I am now facing the same problem.
    Where did you modify network configuration and proxy settings to fix this problem? in web.config?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Monday, January 11, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Hello Gary,

Are you looking to set your proxy settings in the Web.config. Please try using the following tag.

< system.net >
        <
    defaultProxy enabled = " true " useDefaultCredentials = " true " >
            <
    proxy usesystemdefault = " True " />
        </ defaultProxy >
    </
    system.net >

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Aneesh D.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Hi Aneesh, thanks for your response.
    I tried the upper config, but it came out the same exception.
    This is my Web.config:

<add key="ShellUrl" value="https://account.healthvault-ppe.com/"/>
        <add key="HealthServiceUrl" value="https://platform.healthvault-ppe.com/platform/"/>
    <system.net>
        <defaultProxy enabled = "true" useDefaultCredentials = "true" >
            <proxy usesystemdefault = "True" />
        </defaultProxy>
    </system.net > 
    My network connects with a proxy.

Thanks,
    Gary.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 8:20 AM
  • Hello Gary,

To make sure the proxy settings are fine, can you please try accessing both the ShellUrl and the HealthServiceUrl in your browser and let me know the results?

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:04 AM
  • Hi Aneesh,
    Since I browse webpages well, my proxy settings may be fine.
    When I browsed ShellUrl, I was redirected to https://account.healthvault-ppe.com/default.aspx,
    and HealthServiceUrl only return "Wildcat App ".

Thanks,
    Gary.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:21 AM
  • Hello Gary,

At the moment I am not able to find out any possible reasons for this issue. Do you have more than one type of browser installed in your machine? If yes, are all the browsers showing the same behaviour?

If you are still facing this issue, please drop me a mail at v-and@microsoft.com, we can have a live meeting session, if possible, and will figure out the issue. Please let me know if this is possible from your end.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:50 AM
  • I am facing an issue with an application deployed in an azure VM. A user can access the site after getting authenticated from oauth.live.com.

When a user logs in to the application that had been idle for an hour or more, an error occurs, the details of which are given below. The page is loaded correctly when refreshed and when accessed next time without an idle time of 1 hour.

Another thing I notice is that if I try to access oauth.live.com from the VM hosting the application before trying to load the application, the issue does not happen.
    Can someone please help me on this?

Exception information:
        Exception type: WebException
        Exception message: The remote name could not be resolved: 'oauth.live.com'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.BReq.HttpGet(String url)
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.TokenRestApi.getTokens(String clientID, String redirectURI, String clientSecret, String refreshToken, String authorizationCode)
       at PwC.FCPA.External.Web.CallBack.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thursday, November 07, 2013 9:21 AM