none
Could not load resources error

Question

•  

App. runs well on my end. after loading to user's machine, hit the error:

Visual Foxpro cannot start. Could not load resources.

I already copied all VFP9 library files under the app. folder.  What else shall I do?

Friday, September 14, 2007 5:11 PM

Answers

• You may check if you have all runtime files needed:

http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~VFP9RuntimeFiles

Friday, September 14, 2007 6:40 PM
  • This error typically shows up, if you haven't provided the correct  runtime files. The easiest way to get a VFP app up and running on any Windows PC is to just download (and execute Wink ) one of ProLib's Runtime installers. Take a look at ftp.prolib.de/public and choose the one matching your development version. There's also a Readme.txt file with additional information.  Those installers check everything needed by FoxPro, so after you prepared a PC with that installer, you just need to copy your App into any folder and you're all set.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:07 PM

All replies

• You may check if you have all runtime files needed:

http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~VFP9RuntimeFiles

Friday, September 14, 2007 6:40 PM
  • This error typically shows up, if you haven't provided the correct  runtime files. The easiest way to get a VFP app up and running on any Windows PC is to just download (and execute Wink ) one of ProLib's Runtime installers. Take a look at ftp.prolib.de/public and choose the one matching your development version. There's also a Readme.txt file with additional information.  Those installers check everything needed by FoxPro, so after you prepared a PC with that installer, you just need to copy your App into any folder and you're all set.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 3:07 PM
  •  

Also make sure that your config.fpw is placed with the .EXE and the tmpFiles =, sortwork =, progwork = and editwork = in the config.fpw file are pointing to the valid temp folder on the user's machine.  Typicaly the tmpFiles =, sortwork etc are set to something like GETENV("TEMP"), thus, I would check the Environment Variable "TEMP" on the user's machine.

I had a strange problem once where I would get your message because the Temp folder did not exist.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:20 PM
  •  

Thank you all for your reply. I will check again when I am back to the office.

Monday, September 17, 2007 1:01 AM
  • After carefully comparing the files, I found VFP9renu.dll is missing.  There was a file called VFP9enu.dll.  I do not know where it came from.  Thank you dni, for your list.

Monday, September 17, 2007 3:00 PM