How to point 1 VSTD client to multiple TFS servers

Question

• I have a configuration whereby I want to be able to point my Visual Studio Team Edition for Software Developers (VSTD) client to two *different* TFS servers. I have managed this once before with the CTP releases but I can't remember what I did Sad

Currently I have the client pointing to TFS1. I used to Connect to Team Foundation Server dialog box to add the server and everything was as it should be. Now I can't seem to get back to the dialog box so I can add another TFS server. At the moment the first server (TFS1) is not available (offline) but I wouldn't have thought that would prevent me from trying to add a new (TFS2) server to the client.

I'm reluctant to jump into the config files or the registry just yet because I am sure I didn't need to do this last time.

Any idea?

Anthony Borton
    Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:52 PM

Answers

• UPDATE
    I have brought the TFS1 server back online and now when I select "Connect to Team Foundation Server", I get the expected dialog box and I can then add a second Team Foundation Server to the client.

I went to the Microsoft Product feedback center to see if anyone has reported this bug and it has been reported last month. Microsoft have replied on 9th Nov to say that this problem has been fixed for the release version Smile

Thanks

Anthony Borton

Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:10 PM