none
Connecting to tFs 2012 from InRelease throws error

Question

• I  started getting the below error suddenly in InRelease when I try to open the registered TFS Connection again. Now it is not getting connected at all.  What would be missing? The below data is from log files and don't see and any other information.

7/17/2013 4:33:33 PM - Error - Unable to connect to this Team Foundation Server: http://XXXXXXX:8080/tfs.

Possible reasons for failure include:

- The name, port number, or protocol for the Team Foundation Server is incorrect.

- The Team Foundation Server is offline.

- The password has expired or is incorrect.

Technical information (for administrator):

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:05 AM

Answers

• We have been discussing with Mohamed offline to diagnose the problem.

We found out that the InRelease Web Site in IIS had Anonymous Authentication enabled. After disabling this authentication method, the connection to TFS was working again.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohamed,

can you verify if the InReleaseAppPool application pool account is a Service User and Release Manager of InRelease.

Go to Administration->Users, open you app pool user and check the fields 'Release Manager' and 'Is Service User'.

Make sure those two fields are set to Yes.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:47 AM
  • The App pool account is a service user and Release Manger in InReleas, till the issue exist.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:54 PM
  • We have been discussing with Mohamed offline to diagnose the problem.

We found out that the InRelease Web Site in IIS had Anonymous Authentication enabled. After disabling this authentication method, the connection to TFS was working again.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:52 PM
  • I just signed up to TFS and when I click "Open new instance of Visual Studio" in the project screen, I get a scripting error 'evt_Login_onload' is undefined on like 12. 

Additionally, I sent the link to a team member, and the screen that appears is blank.

We tried to restart, and that didn't work.  We tried different browsers (IE8 and Chrome) and that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:09 PM
  • Now it's working for both of us.
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:10 PM