none
wsp integration with hosted exchange

Question

• Dear all

can anyone please help me .. i am trying to connect my hosted exchange server .. but it is giving error .. saying .. error getting remote server information.. how i can trouble shoot this ... i installed WebsitePanel Server on my exchage ...and WSP through web install on a stand alone machine which is in domain .. now m torally stuck dont know how to move forward .. please suggest somthing ...

Thanks Happiness Always Jatin
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:40 AM

All replies

• Did you configure the connection settings under the server properties for the Exchange server?  You will need to put int the correct address, port, username and password to connect to the WSP Server on that device.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:25 AM
  • Thanks for the helpfull answer but can you please tell me which connection setting you are talking about .. is this anything to do with my exchange server .. one more thing my exchage is in hosted mode.. please advise... i just installed the agent on my exchange server.. happiness always
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:10 AM
  • Under the configuration tab, click Servers.  Click on the name of your Exchange Server.  Under connection settings, make sure that the entries here are correct.  Also, check out this link to the Exchange Module documentation.  Hope this helps.

http://www.websitepanel.net/exchange-2010-SP1-hosting-mode-module/index

• Proposed as answer by wiltzlan Friday, July 29, 2011 3:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Under the configuration tab, click Servers.  Click on the name of your Exchange Server.  Under connection settings, make sure that the entries here are correct.  Also, check out this link to the Exchange Module documentation.  Hope this helps.

http://www.websitepanel.net/exchange-2010-SP1-hosting-mode-module/index

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:59 AM
  • thanks i was able to do it .. it was the stupid problem from my side... Firewall on exchange .. but when i checked with netstat -a it was showing 9003 port listening .. dont know.. but now its good..

one more thing... the pages for reserrer and the users are customizable ...?

secondly any idea about the sharepoint hosting modules.. i want to setup hosting sharepoint with the same setup .. using WSP ... but the document seems to me very confusing .. any help would be really appreciated. 

Friday, July 29, 2011 5:14 AM