none
Missing Visual Query Designer in Visual Studio 2012

Question

• When I query a table from within Visual Studio 2012 (benefit of having SSDT installed) ... only a script screen appears.   On another windows 7 machine using the same Visual Studio 2012 .... I enjoy having the Visual Query Designer appear (permitting me to rapidly test and make changes without syntax mistakes.  In Visual Studio 2010 I successfully have the visual query disigner  ..... so has anyone found what would cause the Visual Query Designer disappear in Visual Studio 2012?

Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Russ,

When I query a table from within Visual Studio 2012 (benefit of having SSDT installed) ... only a script screen appears.   On another windows 7 machine using the same Visual Studio 2012 ....

Do you mean that you could get it in another Windows 7 machine with VS2012 or it has the same issue?

In Visual Studio 2010 I successfully have the visual query designer. 

Could you share me a screen shot about this “Visual Query designer” in VS2010? How can we repro this issue in my side? Please share me the detailed steps to repro this issue?

If you could get it in other VS2012 Environment, you would check whether it is related to your VS settings, as far as I know, to specify which panes open by default (Microsoft SQL Server), from the Tools menu, click Options. Expand the Visual Database Tools node and click Query/View Designer.

Under Panes shown by default, check the panes you want to open whenever a query or view is opened.

But if it has the same issue in other VS2012, I doubt that it has been removed, if possible, you could share me the detailed steps, and I will try to repro it in my VS2012 Environment.

Reference:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/896a53b0-8279-48f8-8a74-820f7ef16ca3/visual-studio-2012-query-designer-for-sql

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13087965/visual-query-designer-not-accessible-in-when-connecting-to-sql-server-2012-in-vi

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:33 AM