none
How to add AD users to Sharepoint 2013 Foundation Site?

Question

• Does SharePoint 2013 Foundation support AD users for auth and site access?

--- Chris

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Yes, it does. You will need to setup your web app with NTLM authentication for this to work.

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:27 AM
  • Thanks Daniel,

Any tutorial? I want to setup File Sharing site by SP Foundation based on existing AD.

--- Chris

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Hi Chris,

The installation steps are the same for Foundation, Standard and Enterprise. There are several blogs out there which explain the step by step process. I recommend you use Windows 2012 and SQL 2012 SP1. If Windows 2012 isn't an option then Windows 2008 R2 will work.

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I already install SP Foundation 2013, but don't know how to add AD user to the site. I show "Sorry, we're having trouble reaching the server." when I try to add AD server to the site.

Any hints?

--- Chris

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:04 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Did you create an AD Service Account (SA) to setup your SharePoint farm and are you using that to log into the Central Administration page?

I have only seen instances of these kind when the SharePoint environment is on a slow machine which times out usually after 30 seconds. By slow I mean it doesn't have enough resources.

I would recommend using at least 6GB with two CPUs. Is this a physical or a VM?

Keep me posted

Thanks

Daniel Christian (MCTS)

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:29 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.  Any resolution?
    Monday, August 05, 2013 2:15 PM