none
DataGridView msACCESS

Question

• When will DataViewGrid be debugged?

It goes FATAL without you needing to write ANY code!

If you have one minute try the following...
    Create a new data source pointing to an existing microsoft access 2003 database (*.mdb don't use connection strings or SQL or anything complex) but do ask for at least one table (prefferably of few columns)
    Drag one table from the data source onto virgin form1 and magically a grid and navagator will appear.
    Run the program and you will find 'Add new' & 'Save Data' work superbly until you either modify or delete a reocrd when it goes fatal in *,Designer.vb and thereafter all changes are lost.

Public Overloads Overridable Function Update(ByVal dataTable As *DataSet.*DataTable) As Integer
                Return Me.Adapter.Update(dataTable)
            End Function       
    the Return line triggers 'InvalidOperationException was unhandled' warnings
            Update requires a valid UpdateCommand when passed DataRow collection with modified rows.
     or     Update requires a valid DeleteCommand when passed DataRow collection with deleted rows.

PS Am I going mad, vs2005 cannot use same field name in multiple tables!
    PPS Is it just me or have ms left the remaining 40% of the BASIC language out of dotNET?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:40 PM

All replies

• Can you please tell me what is ur Primary key? I mean is it Replication_ID (GUID Format) ?
    Friday, December 02, 2005 1:50 PM
  • Within ACCESS I copied and simplified my DataBase and to make it work I removed all indexing, all primary keys and all duplicate field names.
    Thanx for your attention.
    Monday, December 05, 2005 6:29 AM