Change TRX file location

Question

• Is there a way to change the location of the TRX files generated during testing in Visual Studio 2008?
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure about changing the default TRX files location during test execution.

But, there is another option in the Test Results toolbar, which is the option to export the results. It provides two options, Export Test Run Results... to export all test results and Export Selected Test Results... to export only the selected test run result. Once you choose any of these options, you can see the file dialog for saving the TRX file to desired location.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to the tests that are saved automatically, you can save copies of test results to an alternate location for your convenience.

Please have a look at below MSDN library link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404662.aspx

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:08 AM
  • Hello,

As I know, we are not able to do that in the current release.

Edwer Fang [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure about changing the default TRX files location during test execution.

But, there is another option in the Test Results toolbar, which is the option to export the results. It provides two options, Export Test Run Results... to export all test results and Export Selected Test Results... to export only the selected test run result. Once you choose any of these options, you can see the file dialog for saving the TRX file to desired location.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to the tests that are saved automatically, you can save copies of test results to an alternate location for your convenience.

Please have a look at below MSDN library link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404662.aspx

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:08 AM
  • Hello,

As I know, we are not able to do that in the current release.

Edwer Fang [MSFT]

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

I will mark the reply as answer, if you find it not help, please feel free to unmark it and I will follow up.

Edwer Fang [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:23 AM