none
Object Based Motion Blur Flickering

Question

• I recently created a program to create the effect of motion blur in Small Basic.

You move the cube around with your mouse, here is the program : WQH127

But there's a cube in the top left corner that does not stop flickering, and that is because Small Basic is threaded, is there a way to get rid of that flicker ?

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:04 PM

Answers

• Post your code without creating and removing shapes, just using the opacity, that flickers.
    • Marked as answer by AshkoreDracson Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:36 AM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 9:10 PM

All replies

• Use ShowShape and HideShape rather than creating and removing shapes, like this, WQH127-0

Or perhaps, just modify the opacity as required.

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Tried that with setting the opacity to 0, moving it, then setting opacity to 20, it improves the motion blur in itself, but it still flickers...
    Monday, January 14, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Post your code without creating and removing shapes, just using the opacity, that flickers.
    • Marked as answer by AshkoreDracson Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:36 AM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 9:10 PM
  • I've had this trouble too and found that by decreasing the amount of loops a shape goes through there's a point where it doesn't happen. Size of the shape effected it as well.

I chose to just get creative and sacrifice what i wanted and come up with something else that didn't cause the top left flicker.

I tried the hide show approach as well and didn't have much luck on some graphics, however it worked on others.

Maybe it's just something we're limited to with Small Basic (threaded?). Can't have everything, but it's worth a try sometimes.

So loop frequency and shape size worked for me, and on occassion hide and show. But i did have to compromise and reapproach.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:07 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you litdev, I created the samples (Motion Blur) shapes once, and then simply moved them.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:41 AM