HTC 8x WOS Sync-Account issues

Question

• I have an 8x phone that will not sync to my microsoft account.  It keeps giving me an error code 86000coa.  Ideas as to a solution?
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hello Sierrasmama:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having syncing your Microsoft account to your phone.  From what I have found this error typically indicate issues getting certificates verified.  This is usually related to a connection issue.  I have a suggestion or two and a few questions about the account you are trying to sync.

The first thing I would suggest is to manually set the time and date on your phone.  You can do this by going to settings > time + date > turn of automatic setting > set the time, date and time zone manually.  Once you do this go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the Microsoft account > select sync.  If the account fails to sync you should get the message "attention required" or "not up to date".  If you see either message, tap the account and provide us the exact error message and code you see here.

If you continue to have this issue the next thing to do is a soft reset of the phone and try syncing again.  Before doing the soft reset we suggest you go to settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history.  You should be able to perform this reset by pressing and holding the power button and the down volume button until it restarts. 

If you continue to have issues with the account please provide the following details:

• Is this email address used as a Outlook Exchange account?
    • Do you have a local Outlook account linked to this email?
    • Do you have other accounts, Facebook, Twitter, etc.., linked to this account?
    • Do you have other accounts on the phone that are syncing without issue, secondary Microsoft accounts, Google account, etc...?
    • When was the last time you successfully synced this account, if you have been able to sync this in the past?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

• Marked as answer by melocoosmOwner Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:04 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 5:11 PM