none
How to Convert Image to Text in Word 2007

Question

• Hi friends, I've a scanned image which contains a text. I have inserted that image into word 2007. But I need to convert them into a text. Is there any special option available in Word 2007? How can I convert it into an editable image/text?

Please guide me..

Thanks,

Pandi
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

OneNote has an OCR feature.  If you take a screen shot of that image, or just copy/paste the image into OneNote, you can extract the text from it via the context menu.

If all else fails, you can use a C-Pen http://www.cpen.com/

Thanks,
    Dhanashri [MSFT]

Disclaimer:
    The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Innovate on Office Forum! We’re working on this request and will get back to you in this week.

Thanks,
    Dhanashri [MSFT]

Monday, October 19, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Hi,

OneNote has an OCR feature.  If you take a screen shot of that image, or just copy/paste the image into OneNote, you can extract the text from it via the context menu.

If all else fails, you can use a C-Pen http://www.cpen.com/

Thanks,
    Dhanashri [MSFT]

Disclaimer:
    The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:39 AM