none
Problem with VFP9 SP2 on Windows Server@08

Question

• My VFP9 is installed on my personal computer with MS Windows XP. I am running created application on machine with Windows Server 08. With old report forms (.frx) it was everything OK. But if I am making some modification of old report form using VFP9 SP2, modified REPORT on server is displaying with some delay.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:35 PM

Answers

• Thank you everyone for help.

I found problem. I was checked Save Printer Environment box in Page Layout sheet of Report Form properties. After I unchecked this box, problem disapeared.

Friday, September 26, 2008 11:04 AM

All replies

• There are some differences in reports(SP1 and SP2)....How are you using SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80 ? or 90? Is SP2 installed correct ? ....

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:14 PM
  • Does the machine running the application have the right runtimes? If you're making changes with VFP 9 SP2 and compiling with that version, you need the SP2 runtimes.

Tamar
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:36 PM
  • The report forms are excluded from application and stored in externel directory. Sorry for my poor backgrounds, but what means SP2 runtimes.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:14 AM
  •  Valdas_D wrote:

The report forms are excluded from application and stored in externel directory. Sorry for my poor backgrounds, but what means SP2 runtimes.

If the reports are run in another box from the development machine (a "Production environment"), you need to have your program (EXE) and the runtime files for Visual Foxpro (a set of DLLs) for the proper version. So, if your program is compiled with Visual Foxpro 9 Service Pack 2 (SP2), then you need those runtimes installed in the production computers. If the version of the runtime DLLs installed do not match the version you used to compile your EXE all kinds of problems may arise.

See:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/default.aspx
    http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~VFP9RuntimeFiles

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:10 PM
  • I have created setup program with InstallShield including Runtime Library module. I am using this Setup program to install my application in destination computers. I found another thing, if I am installing application in the destination computer with OS Windows XP it works OK, but the problems arise if I install application in the destination computer with OS Windows Server@08.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:41 AM
  • You may try to install on other computer without InstallShield.....or try with:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

If you are using new report format (90) you may need to have in code:

_REPORTOUTPUT = "YourPath\ReportOutput.app"

_REPORTPREVIEW = "YourPath\ReportPreview.app"

_REPORTBUILDER = "YourPath\ReportBuilder.app"

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:10 PM
  • Thank you everyone for help.

I found problem. I was checked Save Printer Environment box in Page Layout sheet of Report Form properties. After I unchecked this box, problem disapeared.

Friday, September 26, 2008 11:04 AM