none
Workflow in SPD to copy columns from one list to another

Question

• Hi!
        I have 2 lists with some common fields... where one is master list...and I want when a new column a added to other List... it should autopopulate the columns which are common based on Title..

That is, I want to create a Workflow in SPD where if the Title matches that with master list, it should pull values n populate values in those common fields.. 
         I tried in SPD but stick at "Define Workflow Lookup" ... can somebody guide me through that...
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In SPD, you can use the "update list item". I assume the workflow is attached to your master list.

- In "Update List Item " window, choose "List B"(the list you want to update).
    - Click "Add " to select the column name that you want to update the value.
    -Under the "Look Up Detail " window, In "set this field " , select the field you want to update.
    - click on "Fx " to select the value. since you are copy from master to list B, the "Source " should be "Master List ", then "Value " is the column you want to copy.
    - Then, Under the "Find the List Item ", select the column to match the data(for your case, matching column is "Title ', you are suppose to see something like: Master List:Title)
    - For the "Value ", select "Fx ", then set "Current Item " in the Source box and the "Title " in the "Field ".

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Jason
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In SPD, you can use the "update list item". I assume the workflow is attached to your master list.

- In "Update List Item " window, choose "List B"(the list you want to update).
    - Click "Add " to select the column name that you want to update the value.
    -Under the "Look Up Detail " window, In "set this field " , select the field you want to update.
    - click on "Fx " to select the value. since you are copy from master to list B, the "Source " should be "Master List ", then "Value " is the column you want to copy.
    - Then, Under the "Find the List Item ", select the column to match the data(for your case, matching column is "Title ', you are suppose to see something like: Master List:Title)
    - For the "Value ", select "Fx ", then set "Current Item " in the Source box and the "Title " in the "Field ".

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Jason
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:48 AM
  • Thanks Jason... I got that
    Monday, January 18, 2010 3:18 PM