none
VS 2010 Coded UI unable to click on Rich Text Edit text-area to enter text within iFrame of Share-point application.

Question

• Hi,

I am working on Share-point application automation using coded UI but I unable to click on Rich Text Edit text-area to enter text within iFrame of Share-point application.

Steps:-

1. Open share-point application form
    2. Click on Rich Text Edit of Text-area within iFrame.
    3. Enter Text in the Text-area.

But the issue is:-

Step 2:- is failing to click on Rich Text Edit of Text-area but I can see it is Drawhighlight() working as it is drawing a blue boundary over the test control. However, it did not get clicked in to the textarea to enter text.

Is there any Solution?

Kind Regards,

Rahulan 

• Edited by RhulY Monday, September 30, 2013 4:23 AM added VS 2010
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hello,

About SharePoint application support for VS2010 Coded UI Test, please see:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/03/05/visual-studio-11-beta-what-is-new-in-coded-ui-test.aspx?PageIndex=2

Please see the following Microsoft Web site for detailed information about what is supported.

Since UITest uses IE pluggin for SharePoint also (as both uses IEDOM), please read the two deep dive blogs that was published on IE plugin to know about how this plugin works and how to troubleshoot failures.

UITest framework – IE Plugin - Part 1

UITest framework – IE Plugin - Part 2

"UITest supports SharePoint applications hosted on both IE7 and IE8"

What type of SharePoint app is you app? Whether you can type value manually without coded UI test? What version of IE do you work with? If possible, please use IE7 and IE8 to check the result.

Please make sure your coded UI test meets the requirements.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Thank you very much for the use full information.

After I been through all the link and now I have fixed the issues and it is working fine.

I am building a framework for complex share-point application which built in VS 2010 and Coded UI framework also implemented in VS 2010 and testing on IE v9.

Kind Regards,

Rahulan

• Marked as answer by RhulY Monday, September 30, 2013 6:59 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 3:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

About SharePoint application support for VS2010 Coded UI Test, please see:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/03/05/visual-studio-11-beta-what-is-new-in-coded-ui-test.aspx?PageIndex=2

Please see the following Microsoft Web site for detailed information about what is supported.

Since UITest uses IE pluggin for SharePoint also (as both uses IEDOM), please read the two deep dive blogs that was published on IE plugin to know about how this plugin works and how to troubleshoot failures.

UITest framework – IE Plugin - Part 1

UITest framework – IE Plugin - Part 2

"UITest supports SharePoint applications hosted on both IE7 and IE8"

What type of SharePoint app is you app? Whether you can type value manually without coded UI test? What version of IE do you work with? If possible, please use IE7 and IE8 to check the result.

Please make sure your coded UI test meets the requirements.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Thank you very much for the use full information.

After I been through all the link and now I have fixed the issues and it is working fine.

I am building a framework for complex share-point application which built in VS 2010 and Coded UI framework also implemented in VS 2010 and testing on IE v9.

Kind Regards,

Rahulan

• Marked as answer by RhulY Monday, September 30, 2013 6:59 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 3:43 PM