none
Cutsom View for logged user

Question

• Dear All,

As the project owner can only view the projects to which who is assigned as project owner like in our organization their are three to four functional person are involved in project approval phases, so how can I make possible that concern persons can also view the projects. 

Functional Person

PMO Office

Business Analyst

Team Lead

I have also insert the people picker field of PMO Office in PDP and wants to create view which contain this filter like

Field Name : PMO Office  Test: Contains  Value : []

in the value section how can i mention the user which PMP Office filed contains or logged user, like as we are able to do this same in the SharePoint list filter. Please suggest or help me in this regard.

NOTE: We are not using any RBS Structure.

REGARDS DANISH DANIE

Monday, January 13, 2014 6:11 AM

All replies

• Dear Danish,

You can resolve this via “Security Category”.

Put the visible project into a Category and assign the category to the PMO Office.

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Hi Danish,

Avinash is correct, security categories is the out-of-the-box feature for your concern. This supposes that you're using the Project Server permission mode (as I remember that you're using PS2013). Without using the RBS, you can give access to a certain number of projects or to all projects to the people you want. Moreover categories are associated with views.

Here is a useful link about PS2013 project server permisions. Note that it is adviced to create a dedicated group for your need, then a category and finally associate both.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, January 13, 2014 1:50 PM