none
DreamSpark Secure Download Manager Mac

Question

• Hello

I am trying for days now, and I have to say, I've had it with this "secure download Manager"!

I am trying to download Windows 8 from DreamSpark. At first it didn't start downloading at all, and after restarting, reinstalling, refreshing hundreds of times it finally started downloading. During downloading it also got stuck multiple times, again restart, refresh etc... Then it finally reached 99%, and then it crashed. I started the SDM again, pressed resume, it crashed again. Did that 5(!) times now it says 100%. however, I'm still stuck with the .sdc and .sdc.tmp files, no ISO. SDM is running for 2 hours now, just showing 100% on the download, apparently not doing anything.

Is Microsoft thinking their customers have nothing better to do than to sit in front of that SDM all day? This download manager is the worst piece of software I have seen in a long time! What can I do to get my ISO file? I think I should just download it somewhere else.

P.S.: I know there is other threads like this, but your website doesn't allow me to answer any of them.

Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:41 PM

All replies

• I am facing the same problem now! Are you using Mac? Did you find the solution?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:50 PM
  • damn it happened with me too. This piece of crap never helped me actually. It took so many hours to download eventually all loss and no gain. Its ISO file lying as dead piece of shit in my computer noway to recover the file. I don't understand what they've made. Funny name secure download manager. Make something better microsoft not just useless thingy.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:54 AM
  • damn it happened with me too. This piece of crap never helped me actually. It took so many hours to download eventually all loss and no gain. Its ISO file lying as dead piece of shit in my computer noway to recover the file. I don't understand what they've made. Funny name secure download manager. Make something better microsoft not just useless thingy.

Valentin, It's not any kind of funny name, SDM is a encrypted download manager in order download the ISO file securely by the students of DreamSpark. Please explain your problem step by step and i will help you with the solution.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:23 AM