AdMob has two cool features that it would be great if Pubcenter could add:
1. House Ads - I want to promote other things I sell using my own ads without having to much around building my own system. (wth the chance of mucking up my PubCenter impressions). Mainly, I want to promote my other apps. I would like to adjust the amount of inventory I use for my own house ads between 2-20% depending on the CPM I am displacing.
2. App promotion sharing - I want to advertise my app specifically and only on WP7 in other apps. I would share some of my inventory for others to do the same. Each Apps promotion in other apps would be proportional to the number of impressions it serves for others.
AdMob has both of these features and they work great. Please just copy what they have as a starting point.
OH. BEFORE YOU BOTHER WITH EITHER OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GET PUBCENTER WORKING FOR WP7's OUTSIDE THE US. That alone would double my revenue as more than half my downloads are outside the US.
This is valuable feedback; we're currently moving forward on the in-app promotion front, and will keep the forum updated with progress.
We'd like to take this opportunity to solicit additional feedback from the group on other suggestions/requests for feature releases. Any portion of WP7 ads-in-apps that could be adjusted to make it easier, more efficient, more profitable for you?
Please stay tunned to the blogs and forums for updates.
Web Support Specialist
1. Ads outside the US would be my #1 request before anything else, I'm already looking at a MobFox integration and would love to not have to hassle with it, beef up the sales/integration team.
2. Reporting interface to default to 24 rows and not 20 (this will be great when looking at the hourly for the day).
3. More info on categories when selecting/choosing them (does the ordering matter, is it better to choose the "all" node vs. sub nodes of a category etc).
4. Get rid of the captcha in this forum, other MS forums dont use it/them.
1) Smart selection of most-lucrative ads, and explanation of CPM rates (how to improve them). Currently we have to fiddle around with categories manually to see which result in the highest CPM
2) App promotion / custom inventory sounds good (could also build this ourselves, but prefer not to)
3) CTR numbers (now always 0%)
4) Improved Pubcenter UI (ability to select all apps / units in graphs instead of max. 5 would be a good start)
I would love to have ads outside of the U.S as well. This has the most impact on all the apps using the API.
Also I would love to be able to setup a email alert that can be customizable to what is inside. For example, be able to recieve email about yesterday's earnings so I can reduce the need to visit the site multiple times during the day. This will also be handy for people who only have access to email...