none
How to cluster multiple StremInsight Server.

Question

• Hi Team,

I am Microsoft BI developer and I am in evaluation process of tool for complex event processing for one of my client.

I came across lot of tools from various background like WSo2, Jboss + drools, Nesper and Microsoft StreamInsight and

As I am from Microsoft SQL Server background I prefer the Microsoft tools only.

There is one concern before we finalize this tool is that limit of Streaminsight event processing capacity for per second.

It is 5000 per seconds for Standard version but we are looking for current 15000-20000 (more in coming years) events per

seconds. So my question is can we cluster multiple Streamlight server to add capacity to handale events per seocnds and

Required if yes can tell me the location to get this knowledge "how to cluster multiple Streaminsight server".

Thanks and Regards

Abhijeet Barbate

abhijeetbarbate@live.com

Friday, October 04, 2013 10:43 AM

Answers

• StreamInsight currently has no support for clustering. The 5000 events/second is an estimate only and your actual throughput will depend on a lot of factors, including complexity of analytics as well as CPU and memory speed. The Premium Edition of StreamInsight would, for your needs, probably be a better solution; it'll handle 10's of thousands to 100's of thousands events per second. This is included with the Enterprise Edition of Sql Server and, from a cost perspective, would still wind up being less expensive than doing multiple Standard licenses on multiple machines.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    Microsoft MVP - Sql Server (StreamInsight)

Ruminations of J.net

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:44 PM