none
provider is not compatible with version of oracle client

Question

• i am trying to run the selectapptable sample app that comes with the adapters...
    i have deployed onto biztalk server...i have imported the bindings...
    when i start the app...
    i get provider is not compatible with version of oracle client at oracle.dataaccess.client.oracleinit.initialize

i have installed Oracle DataAccess Components for oralce client 11.1.0.6.21  and oracle client 10.2.0.1.0

what am i doing wrong????

JAT
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:50 PM

Answers

• I think tnsnames.ora is not present at the correct location. If you installed new version of ODP.NET verify that it is correctly copied into the \Network\Admin folder in the new oracle client home. It is possible that some old Oracle home is still sitting on your machine, and ODP.NET is picking up the tnsnames.ora from there. The entries look correct. This problem looks same as your question on the other thread.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which oracle adapter are you using among the following two?

1. The older Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for Oracle Database (also called as iWay adapter, this comes under Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications)
    URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561124.aspx

2. The newer Microsoft BizTalk Adapter 3.0 for Oracle Database (this comes under Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack)
    URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185445.aspx

Also, there was no sample with the name "selectapptable". Is that a typo for  selectAccTable?

Thanks
    Gaurav
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:15 AM
  • Hi,
    This error happens when the installation of ODP.NET is not correctly performed. Most probabely you installed a later version of the Oracle client in an older Oracle home. (A web search with the error message shows a lot of replies).

Off topic: Just out of curiosity, are you using BAP 2.0?

Thanks,
    Manas
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:39 AM
  • i read a lot of the posts..but i do not understand which odp.net and which client go together..
    i have installed oracle client 10.2.0.1.0 and odp.net 2.0  11.1.0.6.21..
    JAT
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:29 AM
  • Installing 2 versions of Oracle Client (in conflicting locations) seems to be the issue. It might save you time to:

1. Uninstall all versions of the client from the box (10.X, 11.X)
    2. Ensure that both are completely uninstalled
    3. Install the client that is required by the adapter (mentioned in the installation guide of the BAP)
    4. In case you really need to install 2 versions of Oracle client, ensure that you install the older version first and then the later version, in separate oracle home folders. Ensure that correct policies are also installed.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,
    Manas

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:41 AM
  • hi..uninstalled client 10  installed oracle client 11..
    now i got past the provider error...

now i get the following ..

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPort_SelectAccTable" with URL "oracledb://adapter". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)

-----------------

i have the following in the tnsnames file...
    from my limited knowledge i think that something in my tnsnames file is not corret...i have connected successfully from sqlplus...so i can connect..but not thru the adapter...

any help would be greatly appreciated....

VIS=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=PSBEH251.psu-erie.bd.psu.edu)(PORT=1521))

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=VIS)

(INSTANCE_NAME=VIS)

)

)

ADAPTER=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=PSBEH251.psu-erie.bd.psu.edu)(PORT=1521))

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=ADAPTER)

(INSTANCE_NAME=ADAPTER)

)

)

JAT
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:53 PM
  • I think tnsnames.ora is not present at the correct location. If you installed new version of ODP.NET verify that it is correctly copied into the \Network\Admin folder in the new oracle client home. It is possible that some old Oracle home is still sitting on your machine, and ODP.NET is picking up the tnsnames.ora from there. The entries look correct. This problem looks same as your question on the other thread.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 4:11 AM