IE 10 address bar - How can I bring up the Address bar after it disappears at the bottom of the screen?

Question

• I guess I'm not the brightest person in the world but I can't figure out some things in IE 10 which should be obvious to the user. For example how do I bring up the address bar when it disappears at the bottom of the screen? Where are my favourites? How do I import favourites? How do I exit the program IE 10?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• You can't exit IE10, you can only suspend it by going back to the start menu.
    You're favorites are shown upon starting the IE10

To bring up the options of IE10, such as the adress bar, press "right-click" on any website.
    Here you can also add new tabs, to find your favorites just open a new one.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Using a keybord, you can easily reach the Start screen by just pressing the Win keyboard button. The alternative is to move mouse cursor to the bottom left corner and click on Start.

Using touch, you should be able to "move" the screen to the right, so the Start screen or previous app will "run" from the left. Just a guess, but I expect that tapping on the bottom left will also shown the menu as when move there a mouse.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Depending on how your system is set, if you are in a Metro App you can "slide" in from the right edge of the screen to open the charms taskbar.  In the center of that bar is the Windows Logo that will return you to the Desktop.  There is also a charm for search to search for particular apps and files, alond with a few others including settings.  Hope that Helps.
    Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• You can't exit IE10, you can only suspend it by going back to the start menu.
    You're favorites are shown upon starting the IE10

To bring up the options of IE10, such as the adress bar, press "right-click" on any website.
    Here you can also add new tabs, to find your favorites just open a new one.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Also pinning a website can happen through right-clicking on the website.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:06 PM
  • For users I find this very tedious. There should be an X in the corner to close it. How do you go back to the start menu? I'm sorry but 'ease of use' is not in this operating system so far
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:36 PM
  • Using a keybord, you can easily reach the Start screen by just pressing the Win keyboard button. The alternative is to move mouse cursor to the bottom left corner and click on Start.

Using touch, you should be able to "move" the screen to the right, so the Start screen or previous app will "run" from the left. Just a guess, but I expect that tapping on the bottom left will also shown the menu as when move there a mouse.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Depending on how your system is set, if you are in a Metro App you can "slide" in from the right edge of the screen to open the charms taskbar.  In the center of that bar is the Windows Logo that will return you to the Desktop.  There is also a charm for search to search for particular apps and files, alond with a few others including settings.  Hope that Helps.
    Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:49 PM